The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Alarm and panic sensitivity

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:13 AM
Reaction score
So in less than 24 hours we have had the panic alarm go off twice
The first time my wife swears she just slid the keys across the kitchen bench.
The second time it was in my pocket but wasn’t really doing anything. Is this common or is this another glitch.

I also had the theft alarm go off when I stood on the towbar to climb the ladder with the car locked. I didn’t realise it had a motion alarm. Can this be disabled?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
The second time it was in my pocket but wasn’t really doing anything. Is this common or is this another glitch.

I also had the theft alarm go off when I stood on the towbar to climb the ladder with the car locked. I didn’t realise it had a motion alarm. Can this be disabled?
Is the panic noise same as the motion noise?

I.e could it be a faulty motion sensor?

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I jacked my Grenadier up with the car locked and it set the alarm off. Have now and again set the panic alarm off by pressing it by mistake. Have also used it to scare some lads pressing their noses against the window which I thought was great fun.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The panic button on the key fob is ridiculously easy to set off. Both your scenarios could have set it off. The good news is it’s easy to turn off by simply pressing the unlock button ( unless you are too panicked to remember what to do)

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the panic noise same as the motion noise?

I.e could it be a faulty motion sensor?
No different. The panic one is the car horn. The alarm is more of a siren

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The panic button on the key fob is ridiculously easy to set off. Both your scenarios could have set it off. The good news is it’s easy to turn off by simply pressing the unlock button ( unless you are too panicked to remember what to do)
Yes, same for the motion alarm

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No different. The panic one is the car horn. The alarm is more of a siren
Oooh. I’ve heard the panic alarm plenty of times, but I’ll have to try setting off the motion alarm … maybe not right now … my fellow motel guests may not appreciate it. 🙂

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my feedback to Ineos, I suggested a toggle in the infotainment system to disable the fob panic alarm. I also suggest that you can select bigger fonts as some of the info in the central screen is to small to read with my glasses on, or squinting.

Tony

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I have also set this off unintentionally a number of times - quite embarrasing in a crowded super market car park! Would like to know if it can be disabled?

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
Ich habe das auch schon mehrfach unbeabsichtigt ausgelöst – ziemlich peinlich auf einem überfüllten Supermarktparkplatz! Möchten Sie wissen, ob es deaktiviert werden kann?
Würde mich auch interessieren. Habe es auch schon mehrfach versehentlich am Schlüssel ausgelöst

Lion Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
Yip the panic alarm is really disturbing when you sitting in the middle of the desert and enjoying the peace and quiet and then it goes off! Fellow overlanders don’t appreciate the intrusion- I would also like to know if there is a way to disable it especially for bush trips!?

Back
Top Bottom