The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Airline Rails & Track

bimmerteck

Reservation Holder
Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
Three US sup;pliers listed here, if you have not already checked them.
I checked, these are more highly specialized aeronautical hardware than general load control. Something like might be used in outfitting an air ambulance for example where absolute weight vs strength is critical. I’m more looking at making a sturdy table/counter that can double as simple cargo divider in the back when not deployed on the side of the truck. One of my goals in outfitting my grenadier is trying to make excellent use of the cargo area. This includes being very aware of both space taken up by any cargo as well as whether said cargo is worth its weight to drag along.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
My experience of real life for the common folk is that pure nonsense is more common than commonsense!
Yes.

And I'm still pondering hard about why I should hang a jumper cable near the rear wheel on the outside of the car. 🤔

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
And I'm still pondering hard about why I should hang a jumper cable...

ponder (v.)​

mid-14c., ponderen, "to estimate the worth of, to appraise" , from Old French ponderer "to weigh, poise" (14c., Modern French pondérer) and directly from Latin ponderare "ponder, consider, reflect," literally "to weigh," from pondus (genitive ponderis) "weight," from stem of pendere "to hang, cause to hang; weigh"

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It does seem like the lower small l-track mounts on the doors are only fixed to the skin of the door, not through to the frame like the utility belt itself.
is that just me?

Im currently thinking I would nt be comfortable with any load on them, although vertical/compression load static would be fine, driving on anything rough would fatigue the doorskin?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes , caveat emptor. No hammocks!

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, I‘m hoping to attach the hammock to the roof grab rail (and a tree on the other end).
I have a pure cotton mexican hammock, ie lie sideways, that is superbly comfortable in heat, and nicely away from ants and snakes. After seeing the black sheep rave about the grab rail strength, looks like they can handle quite a bit of load… fingers crossed!

if anyone’s really loaded them up pulling away from the car, let me know….

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes.

And I'm still pondering hard about why I should hang a jumper cable near the rear wheel on the outside of the car. 🤔
Because the photo was most likely setup by the photographer, who has no offroad experience. They were interested in a visual, no matter how silly it looked.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score

ponder (v.)​

mid-14c., ponderen, "to estimate the worth of, to appraise" , from Old French ponderer "to weigh, poise" (14c., Modern French pondérer) and directly from Latin ponderare "ponder, consider, reflect," literally "to weigh," from pondus (genitive ponderis) "weight," from stem of pendere "to hang, cause to hang; weigh"
Thank you, Tazzie, for whatever you want to tell me.
But just I don't understand what it's about. Isn't pondering synonymous with musing? Or is there an unintentional pun in there that I'm not aware of?

You know, language barriers ... 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps you have a better translation? I always try to improve my skills ...

"Und ich grübele immer noch, warum ich ein Überbrückungskabel in der Nähe des Hinterrads an der Außenseite des Autos aufhängen sollte?"

🤔

Last edited:

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, what is the killer application for these?

It seems like a shelf or table would be a major use, but then you have to make sure the grenadier is perfectly flat to make it useful without having stuff just roll off.

It would seem having some on a rock rail that’s attached to the frame that could take the full rated load of the channel would be an interesting use.

This is going to end up like the M 1913 rail on ar15 forends. Yes you can hang cool stuff on it, but usually mostly just use it to put protectors for the rail on it.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

It seems like a shelf or table would be a major use, but then you have to make sure the grenadier is perfectly flat to make it useful without having stuff just roll off.

It would seem having some on a rock rail that’s attached to the frame that could take the full rated load of the channel would be an interesting use.

This is going to end up like the M 1913 rail on ar15 forends. Yes you can hang cool stuff on it, but usually mostly just use it to put protectors for the rail on it.
Securing the cargo in the rear is the main one for internal rails. External rails can be used to mount gear (like Molle panels), depending on local road rules. Products are more mature for the Landrover Defender which also has an external belt.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

There is no killer application yet. Its going to take time, probably at least a few years for people to try things. I love that Ineos has put a potential out there, without trying to sell a particular vision. It might even end up being not that useful, but who knows? I certainly expect that the ideas will be ‘unexpected’…

bimmerteck

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
If you're sleeping in/on top of the vehicle getting it relatively level is pretty common, I park my D1 lowest corner on a traction board or a stack of them to roughly level it up when parking for the night.

There's all kinds of accessories being made for it already, and more coming. I've been looking at Ram style ball mounts for camera rigs, and hanging jerry can mounts for over the rear windows today.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, Tazzie, for whatever you want to tell me.
But just I don't understand what it's about. Isn't pondering synonymous with musing? Or is there an unintentional pun in there that I'm not aware of?

🤔
Pondering , coming from a meaning of weighing is almost the same as musing.
You try to balance one list of thoughts against another. Like balancing thoughts on a weight scale.
When one side is heavier , perhaps that choice of methodology/selection of item(s) is best.
Or it remains "6 of one and 1/2 a dozen of another". So you toss a coin.

HT

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
One application for the tracks that I’m going to do will be constructing a shooting rest (that can fold down) - I’ll post photos in the not too distant future.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I GOT IT! Small plant holders like below windows on a house for fake plants..

Support points for an Umbrella on the roof? Stabilization, but wind loads might be an issue?

Simple loop attachment points to keep things out of the dirt. Drive-in Diner window shelves…

It does seem like the missing part is at least a strip on a roof rack, and like I mentioned earlier, on the step/skid-rail

bimmerteck

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
It does seem like the missing part is at least a strip on a roof rack, and like I mentioned earlier, on the step/skid-rail
Black sheep has already rectified the roof track bit.
Black-Sheep-Innovations-GmbH-Dachplattform-Ineos-Grenadier-03-min.jpg

Back
Top Bottom