The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Airing Down/Up: Portable solution

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
Installed the Agile compressor kit today. Very well thought out piece of kit. All the wiring harness came installed, wrapped and cut to length. Really the only difficult part of the install was disassembly and reassembly of the truck. I did break 1 clip removing the rear panel, those buggers are on there. Super impressed with everything. Took 1:45 and inflated one stock KO2 from 19.7 to 39.8psi.

Attachments

• IMG_5235.jpeg
    IMG_5235.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5237.jpeg
    IMG_5237.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5253.jpeg
    IMG_5253.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5241.jpeg
    IMG_5241.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5240.jpeg
    IMG_5240.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5254.jpeg
    IMG_5254.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 91

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
Viair: Made in USA. Morriflate: Made in China.... Nuff Said! (I bought the Viair 400P. Hoping it works out!)
If you found a "made in China" label, then I defer to you, but...
1000010748.jpg

Update: You were right, Fidei.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's really sketchy if they are in fact saying something is US made and it's not.

Edit: I misread and thought the suggestion was that something made in China was being claimed as made in USA but I believe the suggestion was there was no "MIC" stamp.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just emailed Morr to see where their products are made. The website says it's an American company but makes no mention of where things are made. I will wait for a response and post it here, but my gut says they are not made in the US.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just emailed Morr to see where their products are made. The website says it's an American company but makes no mention of where things are made. I will wait for a response and post it here, but my gut says they are not made in the US.

Our compressors are manufactured over seas in China. Each compressor that comes through gets quality control tested before we ship them out to customers. All the parts to build are hose kits comade over-seas, but we and assemble the hose kits in house and quality control every part and kit made.

Let me know if you have any other questions 😊.

Sean Rose
MORRFlate People Pleaser
(916)-696-7738

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Our compressors are manufactured over seas in China. Each compressor that comes through gets quality control tested before we ship them out to customers. All the parts to build are hose kits comade over-seas, but we and assemble the hose kits in house and quality control every part and kit made.

Sean Rose
MORRFlate People Pleaser
(916)-696-7738
Owl once again.

scooby doo what GIF by Boomerang Official

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score

Sean Rose
MORRFlate People Pleaser
(916)-696-7738
Thank you, Krabby! Why don't they say "assembled in the USA with made in China parts"?

alexandruast

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
While overlanding, I find myself airing down less often that I initially thought. I never went below 1.3 bar (265/70 R17 tires), and this happened less than 10 times last year. Owning multiple rigs, old and new, I've sunk a lot of cash into fixed compressors - ARB single, dual, smittyblit, viair but I always felt it's a waste of money, at least for my needs.
I now use the European version of the Ring RCT-1000 (Osram TyreInflate 1000), it's very lightweight, portable and cheap. It inflates one 265/70 R17 tire from 1.5 to 2.4 in ~ 4 minutes and it's automatic. It also has a deflate push-valve built in.
I stop for coffee anyway when airing up, so a 20-minute break is not a big deal. With the dual ARB + tank, it would take ~ 5 minutes, single ~ 8-10 minutes, but I didn't really felt any difference or waste of time between Osram and ARB, because with the ARB or other fixed solutions you have to manually inflate/check/inflate/check/deflate/check.
1712176239707.jpg

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I bought my 2012 Land Cruiser 200 series (in 2012), I installed two ARB compressors, a single that I mounted in the back and used for the air lockers only (could have also used it as a back-up for tires), and a dual that I mounted under the driver’s seat that I plumed to a tank and used it to inflate my tires (315/70/17) and run a train horn (for shits and giggles) and occasionally air tools. I used these a lot with zero problems. I sold my 200 series in November of 2023. A few days ago I happened to speak with the guy who bought it and asked how it was doing, he told me both compressors had failed. I have no idea wtf he did, but just tell this story here because I’m drinking a beer and have nothing better to do, and to illustrate that different operators may get different results from the same kit.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
I'm seriously looking at the Morrflate 10-6 pro. That and their 4 wheel inflator is $550. Half the cost of the ARB suitcase nuke I was looking at, plus still needing to get a multi tire inflator octopus.

Anyone have any experience (especially bad things - I'm looking for a reason not to buy it
The problem I have experienced with the inflation systems like Morrflate (I have a 2 wheel in deflate) is that by directing your limited compressor output to 2 wheels at a time it takes twice as long to pump up any particular wheel (compared with if all compressor output was going to just one wheel). As a result I have found that it does not save much time.

LeonD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have on in your IG? I looked at the website and like what I see.
Not on, but in the IG. I have the compressor stored in a Roam 86L case with other recovery gear as well. The Roam case is bolted to the L track system on the drivers side. When I need the compressor I pull it out and hook it up to the positive terminal / ground in the engine bay area. The picture is just a test run to see if all gear fits in the cargo area. Of course the NL fridge and Zarges boxes would be strapped down.

It’s a great compressor. I have had it for 12 years, no issues, it has been used extensively on my truck and others (others who have compressors but they are painfully slow).
IMG_7869.jpeg
Do you have on in your IG? I looked at the website and like what I see.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
I was on the fence about a permanently installed compressor (I have 2 other rigs and both have built in compressors). Each have their benefits. Ended up purchasing this guy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB7H9BH5/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

All-Top dual compressor model. Thing is a beast. Weighs like 25 pounds. Love the auto fill feature. Fills the smaller tires from 17 to 40 in no time. Only gripe is that its about 3 lbs off so I just compensate and set it at 43 psi vs 40. Has a 2 year warranty and quality seems good. Have had ARB products in other rigs and have had them fail with minimal use, so not completely sold on ARB. At 250 bucks shipped to my door. I cannot complain.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The problem I have experienced with the inflation systems like Morrflate (I have a 2 wheel in deflate) is that by directing your limited compressor output to 2 wheels at a time it takes twice as long to pump up any particular wheel (compared with if all compressor output was going to just one wheel). As a result I have found that it does not save much time.
On paper this shouldn't be the case, The Morrflate TenSix has a rated 10.6 CFPM output, but the Schrader valve's are usually 2 CFPM or less, so they become the bottleneck. If you are pumping one tire, you'll be limited by the Schrader valve to only 2CFPM, but if you are pumping 4 you should be able to pump up at 8CFPM. So in theory, those hose splitters should be able to pump four tires up in the same time it takes to fill one.

I say in theory, because that is not at all what I have experienced using a four-tire kit with my double-ARB. It definitely felt faster, but no where near 1/4th the time.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was on the fence about a permanently installed compressor (I have 2 other rigs and both have built in compressors). Each have their benefits. Ended up purchasing this guy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CB7H9BH5/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

All-Top dual compressor model. Thing is a beast. Weighs like 25 pounds. Love the auto fill feature. Fills the smaller tires from 17 to 40 in no time. Only gripe is that its about 3 lbs off so I just compensate and set it at 43 psi vs 40. Has a 2 year warranty and quality seems good. Have had ARB products in other rigs and have had them fail with minimal use, so not completely sold on ARB. At 250 bucks shipped to my door. I cannot complain.
I wonder if that's the same as the Moorflate TenSix? Sure looks similar.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
While overlanding, I find myself airing down less often that I initially thought. I never went below 1.3 bar (265/70 R17 tires), and this happened less than 10 times last year. Owning multiple rigs, old and new, I've sunk a lot of cash into fixed compressors - ARB single, dual, smittyblit, viair but I always felt it's a waste of money, at least for my needs.
I now use the European version of the Ring RCT-1000 (Osram TyreInflate 1000), it's very lightweight, portable and cheap. It inflates one 265/70 R17 tire from 1.5 to 2.4 in ~ 4 minutes and it's automatic. It also has a deflate push-valve built in.
I stop for coffee anyway when airing up, so a 20-minute break is not a big deal. With the dual ARB + tank, it would take ~ 5 minutes, single ~ 8-10 minutes, but I didn't really felt any difference or waste of time between Osram and ARB, because with the ARB or other fixed solutions you have to manually inflate/check/inflate/check/deflate/check.
View attachment 7851170

I had one of those efforts (Ring version), to inflate the odd tyre on my cars and a pick up.

I say the odd tyre, as this was just to top up and maintain pressure levels, the pile of junk would blow fuses quicker than I could fit them, and eventually sh1t its guts while blowing up a Peugeot 206 tyre !! Absolute waste of time and money.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
On paper this shouldn't be the case, The Morrflate TenSix has a rated 10.6 CFPM output, but the Schrader valve's are usually 2 CFPM or less, so they become the bottleneck. If you are pumping one tire, you'll be limited by the Schrader valve to only 2CFPM, but if you are pumping 4 you should be able to pump up at 8CFPM. So in theory, those hose splitters should be able to pump four tires up in the same time it takes to fill one.

I say in theory, because that is not at all what I have experienced using a four-tire kit with my double-ARB. It definitely felt faster, but no where near 1/4th the time.
That's very interesting. I had not actually measured the relative times of the dual in deflate airing up versus single wheel inflation but it certainly my impression was that it was not half the time. Your point re the limits of the Schrader valve is well taken.

Back
Top Bottom