The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Airing Down/Up: Portable solution

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
On paper this shouldn't be the case, The Morrflate TenSix has a rated 10.6 CFPM output, but the Schrader valve's are usually 2 CFPM or less, so they become the bottleneck. If you are pumping one tire, you'll be limited by the Schrader valve to only 2CFPM, but if you are pumping 4 you should be able to pump up at 8CFPM. So in theory, those hose splitters should be able to pump four tires up in the same time it takes to fill one.

I say in theory, because that is not at all what I have experienced using a four-tire kit with my double-ARB. It definitely felt faster, but no where near 1/4th the time.
A few minutes out of your life is no biggie. IMO ;)

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
That's very interesting. I had not actually measured the relative times of the dual in deflate airing up versus single wheel inflation but it certainly my impression was that it was not half the time. Your point re the limits of the Schrader valve is well taken.
One other complication I thought about: That 10.6 cfpm rating is at zero psi, as the pressure in the tire gets higher, the output of the pump (in CFPM terms) will be less, so for example with that MORRFlate TenSix Pro, it drops to 6.5 cfpm at 30 psi. All that to say that the output is not linear, it decreases as the pressure increases, whereas the Shrader valves will remain capped at 2 cfpm regardless of psi (I think?), so at some pressure the compressor would once again become the bottle neck (math way beyond my abilities).

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
A few minutes out of your life is no biggie. IMO ;)
Yeah in my experience, by the time I am airing up again, its either time for a snack break, or we are just getting back into cell range so people are checking their phones, or the dogs need to piss, or something else, so I really don't remember feeling like we are being inconvenienced by the tires re-inflating. Its a pleasant part of the routine most of the time.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
One other complication I thought about: That 10.6 cfpm rating is at zero psi, as the pressure in the tire gets higher, the output of the pump (in CFPM terms) will be less, so for example with that MORRFlate TenSix Pro, it drops to 6.5 cfpm at 30 psi. All that to say that the output is not linear, it decreases as the pressure increases, whereas the Shrader valves will remain capped at 2 cfpm regardless of psi (I think?), so at some pressure the compressor would once again become the bottle neck (math way beyond my abilities).
Now that I've had and used the 10-6 Pro several times with other Grenadiers, the guys with the air tanks are hands down the fastest. Obviously, the limit is the capacity of the tank.

By the time I get out the MF spider rig, remove 4 valve caps, uncase the pump, pop the hood, attach everything and set the 10-6 at the desired pressure, I hit the button and walk away. When it stops running, I throw everything back in the bag or in the cargo space of the Grenadier (if we're not done for the day, for example). The slowest is the guys using the single tire inflator pump. But, by the time I've gotten my setup out, attached it, inflated the tires (4 at once) and then put everything away, they're generally about done anyway, so it's a wash for time, but definitely convenient because I'm not stooped over for 10 minutes inflating 4 tires. While they're inflating theirs, I'm walking around, chatting, drinking coffee, taking a bio break or whatever.

Another nice thing is once I have it out, it's super easy to go from truck to truck and inflate others' tires, if they don't have a compressor setup.

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
Installed the Agile compressor kit today. Very well thought out piece of kit. All the wiring harness came installed, wrapped and cut to length. Really the only difficult part of the install was disassembly and reassembly of the truck. I did break 1 clip removing the rear panel, those buggers are on there. Super impressed with everything. Took 1:45 and inflated one stock KO2 from 19.7 to 39.8psi.
That is a sweet setup.

Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
Most of the videos/pics Ive seen probably dont NEED to air down anyways
:)

Back
Top Bottom