The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Air Suspension Upgrade

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
Having rebuilt and driven EAS on my ‘95 RRC, and despite the advantages, I can clearly say, no thank you!

In a semi-related note, tjey seem to have their own winch mount!

IMG_6494.png
IMG_6493.png

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No specific information, but I can tell you that there is a long list of reasons why the Grenadier was built with traditional steel springs in lieu of air suspension (LR) or hydraulic suspension (a la LC200)... at the top of it, reliability

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yep - it’s a definite no from me, for all the reasons stated, I really don’t want the hassle of air suspension problems thank you very much.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:06 AM
Reaction score
LR3 I owned was enough air suspension experience I needed to say never again. Between compressors failing, leaking bags, and the constant fear of a punctured air shock while on the trail, I will never rely on air again.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've owned my 2017 Disco V for 60k+ miles, and never had an issue with the air suspension. I believe in the newer models JLR has got a lot right. Only time will tell how long it lasts, but it certainly occupies space in my mind the older it gets.

A hard pass for me on the Grenadier - just not in the spirit of what I am looking for.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• Info from OnAir Suspension.pdf
    300.8 KB · Views: 17

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi SandyChamois, After my first correspondence with Dan at OnAirSuspension, I reached out
back to him to see if the complete air suspension kit included a compressor and tanks.
The answer is yes. See his detailed response regarding this further below.

For anyone contemplating a full air suspension set up for their Grenadier, this company
not only specializes in this, they have a bespoke custom set up for the Grenadier.
Here's the website and Dan Levy's contact information for anyone with further questions.

"Hi John,
Yes, the kit includes all for the full install including an AMK automotive grade dry-air 12 bar compressor & 2 air tanks.
As it is a dry-air system, we do not recommend using for other purposes like tyre inflation, as it relies on all air being
passed out of the compressor too to dry the moisture collector. Not to say it cannot be done, but you need to be aware of this possible side-effect."

Dan Levy
Email: sales@onairsuspension.uk
+44 (0) 1277 552030
On Air Suspension Limited
1713454692000.jpg
Please consider the environment before printing this email
www.onairsuspension.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom