The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Add Blue

Luc Cornelissen

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
Hello Ritta and Luc from Belgium. We ordered the diesel version. we have now experience with the ADD BLUE story and the availability in foreign country's ( Morocco,...)
Has anybody an idea if it would be better to go for the petrol version or stick with the diesel.
Thanks

Luc and Rita

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Ritta and Luc from Belgium. We ordered the diesel version. we have now experience with the ADD BLUE story and the availability in foreign country's ( Morocco,...)
Has anybody an idea if it would be better to go for the petrol version or stick with the diesel.
Thanks

Luc and Rita
Hello to both of you. As the AdBlue tank holds 17 liters and you can calculate with more or less 1 liter/1000 km this should not be a showstopper for the diesel.
Depending the countries you like to travel AdBlue should be available at least in the bigger cities without any problem. And if you take just a 5 litre bottle with you as spare everything should be ok.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
Thanks

Luc and Rita
AdBlue is available in the bigger service stations in Morocco

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hello to both of you. As the AdBlue tank holds 17 liters and you can calculate with more or less 1 liter/1000 km this should not be a showstopper for the diesel.
Depending the countries you like to travel AdBlue should be available at least in the bigger cities without any problem. And if you take just a 5 litre bottle with you as spare everything should be ok.

I can back up this advice. I currently drive a 3 litre diesel Audi A6 and I've not yet had to replenish the Ad Blue even after 17,000 miles

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed, I have only ever topped up the ADBlue in my Discovery 4 at oil change

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but would it be easy to mount that Adblue tank on a petrol version to use to store another liquid? Non potable water, maybe fuel? I'm not sure where it is under truck and what the access is like, but it could be tapped and have a valve of some sort added. Just a thought.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not to hijack, but would it be easy to mount that Adblue tank on a petrol version to use to store another liquid? Non potable water, maybe fuel? I'm not sure where it is under truck and what the access is like, but it could be tapped and have a valve of some sort added. Just a thought.
This might work.
I assume that the diesel and the petrol tanks are the same at the mom. But wasn’t it in question to fit the US petrol version with a 100 litre tank? This would certainly use some of the space the AdBlue tank for the diesel needs.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score
This might work.
I assume that the diesel and the petrol tanks are the same at the mom. But wasn’t it in question to fit the US petrol version with a 100 litre tank? This would certainly use some of the space the AdBlue tank for the diesel needs.
Naturally I'd prefer the 100L tank, but if not, it could prove a useful option.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score
In reply to @Krabby

“Is there the option for Ad Blue tank replacement with fuel tanks, no for USA market but have spoken to some suppliers in Australia as possibility for the future.”

This statement was from a looooong time ago

Welcome from North America @Luc Cornelissen as others have said. Carry 1 or 2 l emergency of ad blu and you should be fine.

Luc Cornelissen

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score
Adblue tanks circled in red
All this space should be free on a petrol
1676599268841.png

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There are people out there who can remap tractors to bypass the and blue system, I’ll get mine done as soon as the warranty is out. The tractor uses a lot, about 5l for every tank of fuel. I’ll bet someone will figure out how to disable the system on the grenadier.. ideally so it can be turned back on at mot time..

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There are people out there who can remap tractors to bypass the and blue system, I’ll get mine done as soon as the warranty is out. The tractor uses a lot, about 5l for every tank of fuel. I’ll bet someone will figure out how to disable the system on the grenadier.. ideally so it can be turned back on at mot time..
And remove the DPF and all the other addons that fail after 10 years!!!

Back
Top Bottom