The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

About to pull the trigger...

Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
Well friends, I am about to pull the trigger.
After long discussions (longer than the dealer wanted, I'm sure) I've settled on a truck.
My must-haves were the safari windows, a petrol engine, diff-lockers and auxiliary electrics.
So I've settled on a Fieldmaster in Donny Grey with diff-lockers and auxiliary wiring as factory-fitted extras.
I'm waiting on the dealer confirming the final cash price and delivery date and assuming no surprises then I'm done.
My wife forbade me from getting one until I sell on of the existing cars... so I haven't told her. I should be selling my beloved Aston this weekend and then I can come clean and if you hear from me after that then safe to say she hasn't poisoned me, stabbed or electrocuted me in my sleep.

I elected not to go for the Ineos side steps, as I prefer these ones and will fit myself on delivery:

I've also elected not to go for the fold-down table, because I think this one is a better solution:

I have also decided to add the ceramic paint coating option, as I've read a lot of good feedback on it, and the trees on my driveway are always landing sap, seeds, leaves, bird p00, and other muck all over my cars. I actually cover them during the week when I'm not driving them to keep it all off the paintwork.

Any comments welcome, and I will be confirming once the deed is done, and changing my forum status!!

Local time
Reaction score
Make sure you get the lockable box as it makes a great armrest. Donney grey is a nightmare to keep clean as its almost black.

Local time
Reaction score
Make sure you get the lockable box as it makes a great armrest. Donney grey is a nightmare to keep clean as its almost black.
Thanks - that is indeed also included, and I'm glad you confirmed the armrest part, because the test driver didn't have a lockable box and my wife commented it was slightly low for an armrest, so nice one!!!
I didn't get the lock-box on the rear spare wheel, as I've read too many people being unhappy with the quality. I'll wait a while and see what the aftermarket brings.

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
My FM build is decked-out but the only accessory I regret not including is the utility belt. For such a small thing it will be a pain, in terms of man hours, to fabricate one (I've already started).

Local time
Reaction score
My FM build is decked-out but the only accessory I regret not including is the utility belt. For such a small thing it will be a pain, in terms of man hours, to fabricate one (I've already started).
Yeah, I think I would have liked the utility belt, but it wasn't a Must-Have. At this point I can't think what I would use it for, but rather would find something to use it for!
Can it be retro-fitted? Seemed to me it was mounted on cut-outs from the bodyshell?

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I would have liked the utility belt, but it wasn't a Must-Have. At this point I can't think what I would use it for, but rather would find something to use it for!
Can it be retro-fitted? Seemed to me it was mounted on cut-outs from the bodyshell?
The back lock box is veery useful and the utility belt strips can be fitted with a screwdriver afterwards. Some of the first vehicles came with the strip because they had run out of the bits that filled it in.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
Well friends, I am about to pull the trigger.
After long discussions (longer than the dealer wanted, I'm sure) I've settled on a truck.
My must-haves were the safari windows, a petrol engine, diff-lockers and auxiliary electrics.
So I've settled on a Fieldmaster in Donny Grey with diff-lockers and auxiliary wiring as factory-fitted extras.
I'm waiting on the dealer confirming the final cash price and delivery date and assuming no surprises then I'm done.
My wife forbade me from getting one until I sell on of the existing cars... so I haven't told her. I should be selling my beloved Aston this weekend and then I can come clean and if you hear from me after that then safe to say she hasn't poisoned me, stabbed or electrocuted me in my sleep.

I elected not to go for the Ineos side steps, as I prefer these ones and will fit myself on delivery:

I've also elected not to go for the fold-down table, because I think this one is a better solution:

I have also decided to add the ceramic paint coating option, as I've read a lot of good feedback on it, and the trees on my driveway are always landing sap, seeds, leaves, bird p00, and other muck all over my cars. I actually cover them during the week when I'm not driving them to keep it all off the paintwork.

Any comments welcome, and I will be confirming once the deed is done, and changing my forum status!!
Hi BigJock2024, You might consider getting a clear gloss or matte Xpel 7.5 mil PPD wrap on just the roof and hood if you are concerned about lots of things ending up on the horizontal surfaces. Here's a link to what I did. DaBull
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/show-us-your-wrap-and-window-tints.12415285/

Back
Top Bottom