The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

About to pull the trigger...

Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
Well friends, I am about to pull the trigger.
After long discussions (longer than the dealer wanted, I'm sure) I've settled on a truck.
My must-haves were the safari windows, a petrol engine, diff-lockers and auxiliary electrics.
So I've settled on a Fieldmaster in Donny Grey with diff-lockers and auxiliary wiring as factory-fitted extras.
I'm waiting on the dealer confirming the final cash price and delivery date and assuming no surprises then I'm done.
My wife forbade me from getting one until I sell on of the existing cars... so I haven't told her. I should be selling my beloved Aston this weekend and then I can come clean and if you hear from me after that then safe to say she hasn't poisoned me, stabbed or electrocuted me in my sleep.

I elected not to go for the Ineos side steps, as I prefer these ones and will fit myself on delivery:

I've also elected not to go for the fold-down table, because I think this one is a better solution:

I have also decided to add the ceramic paint coating option, as I've read a lot of good feedback on it, and the trees on my driveway are always landing sap, seeds, leaves, bird p00, and other muck all over my cars. I actually cover them during the week when I'm not driving them to keep it all off the paintwork.

Any comments welcome, and I will be confirming once the deed is done, and changing my forum status!!

Local time
Reaction score
Make sure you get the lockable box as it makes a great armrest. Donney grey is a nightmare to keep clean as its almost black.

Local time
Reaction score
Make sure you get the lockable box as it makes a great armrest. Donney grey is a nightmare to keep clean as its almost black.
Thanks - that is indeed also included, and I'm glad you confirmed the armrest part, because the test driver didn't have a lockable box and my wife commented it was slightly low for an armrest, so nice one!!!
I didn't get the lock-box on the rear spare wheel, as I've read too many people being unhappy with the quality. I'll wait a while and see what the aftermarket brings.

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
My FM build is decked-out but the only accessory I regret not including is the utility belt. For such a small thing it will be a pain, in terms of man hours, to fabricate one (I've already started).

Local time
Reaction score
My FM build is decked-out but the only accessory I regret not including is the utility belt. For such a small thing it will be a pain, in terms of man hours, to fabricate one (I've already started).
Yeah, I think I would have liked the utility belt, but it wasn't a Must-Have. At this point I can't think what I would use it for, but rather would find something to use it for!
Can it be retro-fitted? Seemed to me it was mounted on cut-outs from the bodyshell?

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I would have liked the utility belt, but it wasn't a Must-Have. At this point I can't think what I would use it for, but rather would find something to use it for!
Can it be retro-fitted? Seemed to me it was mounted on cut-outs from the bodyshell?
The back lock box is veery useful and the utility belt strips can be fitted with a screwdriver afterwards. Some of the first vehicles came with the strip because they had run out of the bits that filled it in.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:08 PM
Reaction score
Well friends, I am about to pull the trigger.
After long discussions (longer than the dealer wanted, I'm sure) I've settled on a truck.
My must-haves were the safari windows, a petrol engine, diff-lockers and auxiliary electrics.
So I've settled on a Fieldmaster in Donny Grey with diff-lockers and auxiliary wiring as factory-fitted extras.
I'm waiting on the dealer confirming the final cash price and delivery date and assuming no surprises then I'm done.
My wife forbade me from getting one until I sell on of the existing cars... so I haven't told her. I should be selling my beloved Aston this weekend and then I can come clean and if you hear from me after that then safe to say she hasn't poisoned me, stabbed or electrocuted me in my sleep.

I elected not to go for the Ineos side steps, as I prefer these ones and will fit myself on delivery:

I've also elected not to go for the fold-down table, because I think this one is a better solution:

I have also decided to add the ceramic paint coating option, as I've read a lot of good feedback on it, and the trees on my driveway are always landing sap, seeds, leaves, bird p00, and other muck all over my cars. I actually cover them during the week when I'm not driving them to keep it all off the paintwork.

Any comments welcome, and I will be confirming once the deed is done, and changing my forum status!!
Hi BigJock2024, You might consider getting a clear gloss or matte Xpel 7.5 mil PPD wrap on just the roof and hood if you are concerned about lots of things ending up on the horizontal surfaces. Here's a link to what I did. DaBull
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/show-us-your-wrap-and-window-tints.12415285/

Back
Top Bottom