The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

83 inch garage, figure 82inch max height- Can I realistically do anything?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
You missed one !! Build a carport 😃

I am completely stating the obvious here and I am sure you have thought of both of these if it’s possible, but could the garage door be adjusted. From on the inside wall of garage so it gave a bit more height, or the concrete floor be broken out and a slant downwards be added again to give an extra inch or so.

My partner says that an extra inch can make all the difference…..I didn’t know she knew much about garage doors !! 🤔

I already have the door ‘full-up/rolled’, it is the opening cross member that is the issue. I’m starting to think that the issue that will get me is leaving the safari windows open/ajar that even at the standard height I might have issues. (Or maybe that is the difference in the reported height of 79 inches and the manual 80.7 inches- that the 80.7 includes the windows ajar.)

It would be interesting to hear the conversation internal to Ineos about the balance of tire-size/suspension/cabin height and the issue of it seems a lot of people have 82-83 inch doors.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
If the garage door is a bit low and the limiting factor and not the garage door opening, it may be possible to
simply adjust the stops on the opener rail so it opens a bit more and or shorten the garage door opener arm and or move the garage door opener back another inch or so. DaBull
That is exactly what I did and now I'm in!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
I already have the door ‘full-up/rolled’, it is the opening cross member that is the issue. I’m starting to think that the issue that will get me is leaving the safari windows open/ajar that even at the standard height I might have issues. (Or maybe that is the difference in the reported height of 79 inches and the manual 80.7 inches- that the 80.7 includes the windows ajar.)

It would be interesting to hear the conversation internal to Ineos about the balance of tire-size/suspension/cabin height and the issue of it seems a lot of people have 82-83 inch doors.
Hi Mile High, Have you measured the garage opening at it's lowest point, which may be your cross member. What is that exact measurement? DaBull

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi Mile High, Have you measured the garage opening at it's lowest point, which may be your cross member. What is that exact measurement? DaBull
Yes, but I'm going to cut a 1x2 to 82 inches and with a level make sure that it is the actual lowest point- as in does my slab rise or the door chasis lower. I know I'll have to pick right or left spot because there is a bar associated with the opener that extends down a bit. I contacted the local 4x4 shop to see what their experience has been mod'ing IGs.

Cranfeld

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi stickshifter, I did not use a laser, however I did use a 6' long level and placed it across all 4 roof strips and used shims to get it perfectly level in order to get an accurate measurement. I then measured everything to 1/32" and in the case of my Grenadier being 79.938" in height, that equals 79 15/16", which I then converted to 79.938", when I should have just rounded it up to 79.94", however that would not have been 79 15/16", LOL. As noted, my tire pressures front and back were 37 psi. and they were cold, perhaps 60 degrees. (Yes I know 60 degrees is not cold). I am not the only one on the forum to report Ineos having the height too high.
I was surprised that for my build they were too high by 1.762" or should I say 1.76" . 🤣 DaBull
I was worried about this too….,took loaner from dealer to my house to check fit with BF A/T before closing deal. My garage just at 80.5” MAX and car fit with about 1/4” to spare. Obviously won’t be putting any lift or rack on it, but it’s the standard Fieldmaster with 18” wheels and it clearly came in less than stated height.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
I read through all this, and see a big solution missing! Come on guys. Add a central inflation/deflation system and just air up and down each day as you come and go! Boom good to go.

Back
Top Bottom