The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

6F Roofrack delayed

Jeroendecker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been waiting a while for my roofrack (short version), since it has been in back order here in NL as well as in SA. Last I heard from our dealer is that apparently they are waiting for the Ineos engineers to give a final okay in releasing these roofracks, which should happen no later then Q3.
It got me thinking:" why would that be? It's just a Rhino Rack." I then found an interesting video from Ronny Dahl explaining the differences between dynamic and static load on the roof, but even more importantly, the onroad and offroad maximum load capacity. Which got me quite worried about the capabilities of the Rhino Racks being used. I havent been able to find the offroad max. yet, but maybe someone knows already? Here's a link to the video: video

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been waiting a while for my roofrack (short version), since it has been in back order here in NL as well as in SA. Last I heard from our dealer is that apparently they are waiting for the Ineos engineers to give a final okay in releasing these roofracks, which should happen no later then Q3.
It got me thinking:" why would that be? It's just a Rhino Rack." I then found an interesting video from Ronny Dahl explaining the differences between dynamic and static load on the roof, but even more importantly, the onroad and offroad maximum load capacity. Which got me quite worried about the capabilities of the Rhino Racks being used. I havent been able to find the offroad max. yet, but maybe someone knows already? Here's a link to the video: video
Rhino usually derate their racks by 50% when used offroad.
I queried this and was told by Ineos that they were not aware of the Rhino rack needing to be derated.
Maybe that has now changed.
They are damned heavy racks
Q3 is still 6 months away so that seems like a long time.

Jeroendecker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
I queried this and was told by Ineos that they were not aware of the Rhino rack needing to be derated.
Thnx dave!

Jafuk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
I ordered the 6ft too last year and still waiting. The fact that it's no longer an option on the build website tells me it's not going to be released.

Back
Top Bottom