The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2022 Ineos Grenadier to tackle infamous Canning Stock route

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
Nice find and IMHO a very good test for Ineos to put the Grenadier through. I applaud them (and Mercedes) to do this publicly. It’s a brutal route and probably a the best real world Overland test for the vehicle. I do hope they share the outcomes both bouquets and brickbats on what worked and what failed. 
On the G Wagens the main thing that failed was the shocks and only in the 463s. Understandable since they were running on 20s if my memory serves me right. The military spec 461 was running on 16s. I am betting the Grenadier should traverse it fine given it’s 17” wheels and softer suspension. 

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
The only thing stopping this is the threat of border/track closures due to covid in West Australia.Whatever , there are plenty of tough tracks in Australia.Props to Ineos for stating intent. I like people who commit to tough tasks.

Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
I hope this brings more attention to this vehicle.  It needs more coverage.

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
Beowulf said:
I hope this brings more attention to this vehicle.  It needs more coverage.

I think they plan to do the rubicon trail too. 

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:11 PM
Reaction score
So does anyone know if they made it onto the track; or indeed are going to in the future?

I'm just watching the 1st of Andrew St Pierre White's videos of his old Range Rover attempting the route.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
You wouldn't expect them to do it in the 1st edition prototype that's been doing the rounds ; at present there are no more cars in Australia. But I'm sure they will be up for the challenge in due course.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You wouldn't expect them to do it in the 1st edition prototype that's been doing the rounds ; at present there are no more cars in Australia. But I'm sure they will be up for the challenge in due course.
I was.

It's in the article:

"Dirk Heilmann, CEO of Ineos Automotive, wrote in an Instagram post: “We have a [Grenadier] prototype down in Australia and will tackle the Canning Stock Route with a final series prototype around May/June this year.”"

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well they don't yet have a final series prototype in Australia!
Nothing wrong with making a bold statement. The world rests on the shoulders of enthusiasts :)

Back
Top Bottom