The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2 Seater rear speakers

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
When I got my vehicle, a two seater Trialmaster, I tried to adjust the sound balance from front to rear speakers. You could have bowled me over with a feather when I discovered that there are no rear speakers in the 2 seater. Pretty poor for a 100K vehicle.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Has anybody had the door card off their 2 seater and found any speaker wiring? I've just bought some speakers on a whim and a prayer that there is some existing wiring.

Anybody?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No one is sitting in the back! I have a 2 seater.

It would not be that hard for an installer to add in the wiring if needed. But my "speakers" are now covered by the bed extension.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure that adding wires would not be an issue but integration into the head unit might be.

It also remains to be seen if the head unit will recognise extra speakers automatically of if it's a programming job. I'm hoping wiring exits and auto recognition (obviously :)

My bed is on top of the roof or behind the vehicle (depending on the type of trip)

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
I'm sure that adding wires would not be an issue but integration into the head unit might be.

It also remains to be seen if the head unit will recognise extra speakers automatically of if it's a programming job. I'm hoping wiring exits and auto recognition (obviously :)

My bed is on top of the roof or behind the vehicle (depending on the type of trip)
I've had the door card off and there are definitely no wires going into the door for the speaker.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

You can be the test case. The US models have a sub woofer option, so there is likely to be some flexibility.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've had the door card off and there are definitely no wires going into the door for the speaker.
I was going to hit the like button but then thought it might be deceiving - not what I was hoping to hear but thanks for the update :)

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You can be the test case. The US models have a sub woofer option, so there is likely to be some flexibility.
I was close to purchasing a subwoofer but thought "let's try some rear speakers first and if still not happy, then add a powered subwoofer".

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was going to hit the like button but then thought it might be deceiving - not what I was hoping to hear but thanks for the update :)
It shouldn't be hard to add the wires. The head unit is under the steering wheel. It would just be a case of running under the front door sills and then through the rubbers to the back door.
I haven't gone as far as to look at the connector on the head unit yet though.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I should have a look at the head unit connector of a 5 seater and compare it to mine - that might be revealing. Oh wait, I have a loaner in the garage, might have to do some disassembly in the morning before I take it back!

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I should have a look at the head unit connector of a 5 seater and compare it to mine - that might be revealing. Oh wait, I have a loaner in the garage, might have to do some disassembly in the morning before I take it back!
That sounds like a plan, take some photos and let us know how you go.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The attached is the sticker on the headunit in my Trialmaster. Under the dash next to the steering column. Could be worth checking against the offering in the 2 seater
The specs can probably be gleaned from the net.
Note: INM2004MA is the model with DAB for European and Oceania markets while INM2004MB is speccd for the US market (no DAB).

20230928_124356.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom