The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

17" Beadlock Rim Options

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score
I love the delta 4x4 beadlock rims. They make a big difference when running tires with really low pressure. Unfortunately, they do not offer it in a 17" Version. What other quality beadlock rims in 17" size would fit? Is there something you could recommend?

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
A road approved wheel would be Method Race Wheels. It is a completely different concept to the traditional beadlock wheels. It allows low pressures but you can still take it to a tire store and they can mount the tire as usual on the wheel. I have these on my Jeep Rubicon and can run high single digit tire pressures when off-roading requires it.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
A road approved wheel would be Method Race Wheels. It is a completely different concept to the traditional beadlock wheels. It allows low pressures but you can still take it to a tire store and they can mount the tire as usual on the wheel. I have these on my Jeep Rubicon and can run high single digit tire pressures when off-roading requires it.
That is my plan of attack. I bought a set of Method 706s in matte black and they are waiting in my garage for my truck to arrive. Allegedly it is built and awaiting to be shipped across the pond. We shall see.

Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
Black rhino made some beadlocks a couple years ago.
They did not sell that well to the Sprinter crowd, likely because they are not the best lookimg wheel on earth and beadlocks on a sprinter is kinda silly

Owl Vans may have a couple sets left or Shoreline Motoring In Huntington Beach has a couple sets as well.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And on duallies, no less! 🤘🏻
I once heard that overlanders deliberately do without duallies and therefore go for heavy-duty rims with corresponding tyres.

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That Method option must be new, last time I was shopping their wheels they didn’t have a street approved bead lock. Weld Racing is the only street legal option I recall.

Local time
3:05 PM
Reaction score
That Method option must be new, last time I was shopping their wheels they didn’t have a street approved bead lock. Weld Racing is the only street legal option I recall.

Method has developed what they call "Bead Grip Wheels". These are not beadlock wheels. Instead, the wheel is shaped in such a way that it holds onto your tire much more than a normal wheel. This allows you to air down pretty low with more confidence than you would have with a "normal" wheel. However, the bead of the tire is not "locked" onto the wheel using "beadlock technology" - i.e. using a ring that is bolted on to the wheel - trapping the tire and completely preventing it from detaching from the wheel.

I have talked to a few guys who work in tire shops, and they vouch for the Method Bead Grip wheels. They say they have a hell of a time getting the tire to dismount from the wheel! Method's Bead Grip wheels are a nice half-way point between a "normal" wheel, and a beadlock wheel. It is a good compromise for people who don't want to deal with different regulations regarding beadlock wheels on the highway, or with the added maintenance of re-torquing all the bolts that hold the beadlock ring onto the wheel. For those not familiar with beadlock wheels, it is super-important to re-torque the bolts regularly.

You can check out Method's description here:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom