The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

12V socket in the boot

Mohs 9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:39 PM
Reaction score
Hi, I just realized that I do not have a 12V power outlet in the boot. There is just a hole with a plastic cap and a sticker (something with 3xx W). Anybody already installed a socket? Is it prewired and just the socket is missing? If I have to lay a cable, any advice how to remove the side panels?
Any advice welcome:)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I just realized that I do not have a 12V power outlet in the boot. There is just a hole with a plastic cap and a sticker (something with 3xx W). Anybody already installed a socket? Is it prewired and just the socket is missing? If I have to lay a cable, any advice how to remove the side panels?
I believe the boot outlet only comes standard if you choose the high load electrical preparation option. If you did, then there is supposed to be one so take back to your agent. If you didn’t then I doubt there is wiring back there, although shouldn’t be too hard to run it. Someone here has removed those panels and posted, I think either Jean Mercier or Rovie, possibly DPCU

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score
I believe the boot outlet only comes standard if you choose the high load electrical preparation option. If you did, then there is supposed to be one so take back to your agent. If you didn’t then I doubt there is wiring back there, although shouldn’t be too hard to run it. Someone here has removed those panels and posted, I think either Jean Mercier or Rovie, possibly DPCU
Also standard in the Belstaff versions

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I guess its better to have a missing outlet than to open up the hood and finding they forgot something big :cool:

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's part of the Auxiliary Charge Points provision, which is optional on some models, and is also part of the Smooth Pack. 🙂

IMG_9229.jpeg

Mohs 9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's part of the Auxiliary Charge Points provision, which is optional on some models
Indeed, its while ago since I configured my Grenadier. My original thought may be that more than 200 € for a 12 V socket is a kind of overpriced. And there is no use for the USB sockets, because there are no rear passengers in a 2 seater.
Now at least I can place the socket wherever I I want and dimension the wattage/fuse/cable as required ;)

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Indeed, its while ago since I configured my Grenadier. My original thought may be that more than 200 € for a 12 V socket is a kind of overpriced. And there is no use for the USB sockets, because there are no rear passengers in a 2 seater.
Now at least I can place the socket wherever I I want and dimension the wattage/fuse/cable as required ;)
You made a good decision. ✅

However I will say that I use one of the USB at the rear of the cubby in my 2-seater. I run a cable from it, through the gap between the passenger seat and the cubby box, to my phone which I keep on the little shelf below the central switch panel. I think this is neater than running a cable from inside the cubby box. 🙂

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You made a good decision. ✅

However I will say that I use one of the USB at the rear of the cubby in my 2-seater. I run a cable through the gap between the passenger seat and the cubby box, to my phone which I keep on the little shelf below the central switch panel. I think this is neater than running a cable from inside the cubby box. 🙂
Same for me in my two seater

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, you can find it here

Chris T

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the 12V plug in the back but I was concerned about it getting bumped and dislodged as I use it to run my fridge. I had the dealer install another plug (on the same circuit) in the small covered well in front of where the jack sits. I just run a cable under the gap of the panel to the fridge and it is all secure now, no matter what moves about in the back.

Attachments

• IMG_5327.jpeg
    IMG_5327.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5330.jpeg
    IMG_5330.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5331.jpeg
    IMG_5331.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 80

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the 12V plug in the back but I was concerned about it getting bumped and dislodged as I use it to run my fridge. I had the dealer install another plug (on the same circuit) in the small covered well in front of where the jack sits. I just run a cable under the gap of the panel to the fridge and it is all secure now, no matter what moves about in the back.
Great Idea!

Chris T

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That should work but unless you have a second battery you will be running your fridge off the main battery through that socket.
It is wired to run off the second battery.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ve got the 12 V Socket in the boot there and consider to add next to it an USB port. to do this the left side trim panel need to be removed. To all of you fellow Grenadier owners .. to what do I have to pay attention when removing the side trim. @Jean Mercier already broke a clip when doing this.. So damage is not what I am intending. Do I need special tools to remove the panel? Compared to this access to footwell power is fairly easy. seen some Würth special tools to remove clips.. never seen these.. do I need all of these? I am pretty inexperienced in this business.. however electric and electronics is fine. So I’m quiet unsure where to begin. ,

Last edited:

Mohs 9

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
...seen some Würth special tools to remove clips.. never seen these.. do I need all of these?
I suppose the tools look like this:
tools.jpg
tools-jpg.7833723

One of my childs works at Würth, so its easy for me to get equipped.
BTW, with temperatures just north of zero I would not do any plastic work w/o a heated garage.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve found those side panels come away easily with no special tools but as @Mohs 9 says not when cold as clips/fasteners may snap. Certainly in the heat of Africa panels come apart easily.

Back
Top Bottom