The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK & Ireland Rejecting Vehicle (UK)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
doesn`t apply as dealers are agents only , contract is with ineos , all liability lies with Ineos
What doesn't apply? An agent acts on behalf of Ineos. Yes Ineos may have the liability but the agent discharges the actions of rectification on their behalf.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just to update - Ineos have confirmed the refund in full. Had to confirm bank details on Friday and they will refund all amounts to where they came from. Deposits to cards, transfers to bank accounts. Will confirm when I have the money.

I bought the Ineos for a few reasons but the major one was simplicity and reliability. It failed me on these two points in the first month. In all honesty for me that was the main reason to buy. I wanted a solid general duty long term car to keep for a looong time. I’m going to wait for a while - see if they fix the software issues then may buy one again. It is a great car - like nothing else - I really really wanted to keep it but had to let head rule heart.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
Reactions: PBD

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just to update - Ineos have confirmed the refund in full. Had to confirm bank details on Friday and they will refund all amounts to where they came from. Deposits to cards, transfers to bank accounts. Will confirm when I have the money.

I bought the Ineos for a few reasons but the major one was simplicity and reliability. It failed me on these two points in the first month. In all honesty for me that was the main reason to buy. I wanted a solid general duty long term car to keep for a looong time. I’m going to wait for a while - see if they fix the software issues then may buy one again. It is a great car - like nothing else - I really really wanted to keep it but had to let head rule heart.
Under the circumstances I empathise with your reaction. I have been fortunate in having a pretty faultless vehicle. I really feel for Logsplitter who has been through the mincer and his treatment by Ineos would fully justify him asking for a refund. Hopefully, Ineos come through and allow him to enjoy his trip to South Africa. For me, the Grenadier, overall, is shaping up to be a keeper in the long term.

Local time
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the issues you've had with your Grenadier.
l've got a new Defender Commercial and it's been faultless. But when this model first came out there were quite a few issues.

Hopefully lneos will refine the Grenadier over the coming months so it's also free from software issues.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the issues you've had with your Grenadier.
l've got a new Defender Commercial and it's been faultless. But when this model first came out there were quite a few issues.

Hopefully lneos will refine the Grenadier over the coming months so it's also free from software issues.
Thank you for your sentiments. I’m confident Ineos will sort this issue out especially as it now doesn’t seem to be an intermittent fault but a more permanent fault so easier to identify. It is unfortunate and bloody frustrating but it happens. As long as it’s sorted and we can realise our travel plans then all is good. I’m still relaxed about it but have to admit when the fault happened again yesterday I was pretty pissed off. All good now just want it fixed , all is in hand I’m sure. 👍🏼

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
I wasn’t going to post this but……I had one of the early May deliveries. When the car was ready I paid, insured it, it was taxed and i collected it. On startup it showed transmission error. The dealer said don’t worry ….
I am very sorry to hear all this. Especially as my car had exactly the same issues, and was also an early model. Transmission error, power steering error…. Even the seatbelt one 🤯

What kept me in reasonable good spirit was that when looking on the “active warnings” in the console, the error was described as “transmission module not found” etc.
since i know that I had a working transmission :) I checked with several INEOS technicians (at an off road event) and they all confirmed that the upcoming software update will fix it.

And…. After a > 3h update procedure in early October, ALL errors are gone !
The car even feels a bit “sportier” (?!) after the update, so they must have changed the engine management as well.

Only issue left with my Grenadier is water ingress. But since the Grenadier is the spiritual successor of the Defender, I guess this is a way to ease the transition 😁

Local time
Reaction score
Great to hear some good news from a Grenadier owner. l am sure that lneos are working on the remaining issues.

Reactions: Sam
Local time
Reaction score
I wasn’t going to post this but……I had one of the early May deliveries. When the car was ready I paid, insured it, it was taxed and i collected it. On startup it showed transmission error. The dealer said don’t worry it will clear and we have a software update soon. Normally I wouldn’t have driven away but because of the dealer model the car was already in my name. Off I went. Over the first month I had 2 air conditioning failures and multiple warnings - all of them - transmission, airbag, power steering, parking sensors, tyres every journey, ecall etc. the trip computer didn’t work either. The dealer said no software was available. On day 27 I took some friends to dinner. They got into the back and the seatbelt warning started and wouldn’t stop. They tried connecting all the seatbelts. I had to park take the key out and lock the car to get it to stop. The journey to the pub was full of warnings over and over again. Two of my friends sidled up to me and said “mate get rid of it”. One sleepless night later I decided to reject the vehicle. I couldn’t sell it - the airbag and power steering warnings were an MOT failure. I phoned Ineos and phoned the dealer - they had no solution so I took the car to the dealer and handed everything over. Ineos were great at first - “we understand” “we’ll process the refund” etc etc. after one week I chased - escalated then nothing chased again and again and again - some replies but now radio silence for over 10 days. No responses to my emails at all. I am over a month since handing it back - what should I do? I basically feel like I’ve been scammed. Am I going to see the £70k again? Anyone have a good contact at Ineos?
Hi,

I have just started the journey of rejecting my Grenadier. The dealer didn't know how to fix a heater fault - and spent 6 weeks failing to successfully bleed the coolant systems. The software on the central display is the flakiest I have ever seen - even after the software update. I had the seatbelt warning issue - also when I had friends in the car. Anyone tried to find a particular DAR radio station? - good luck with that! The car still sounds the warning bongs randomly - even when the ignition is off and the car is locked! It is inconceivable that Ineos do not know that their product has serious defects.

In summary, Ineos were clearly not ready to go to marker - but they still did.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
There are many thousands of very satisfied owners ; yours must be a bit of a lemon ; under lemon law I would get it replaced and the odds are everything will work as intended.
But if you've lost the faith , well that can't be helped.
Happy Landroving or Toyota-ing!

don't ignore warning ligh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have an ombudsman/ woman to consult?
Ineos Grenadier are not part of the UK Motor association Ombudsman scheme.
This should be a giant red flag when buying any vehicle.
Ineos Grenadier customer care is the worst I have ever experienced buying any product ever.

Local time
Reaction score
Well, let's hope there's not many Grenadier owners feel the need to reject their vehicles

Local time
Reaction score
Really? - so if your brand new vehicle doesn't work properly and the lackadaisical dealer doesn't fix the faults - you should just suck it up?

Back
Top Bottom