The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Picked up today! Got my first warning though....

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
So let me be absolutely clear: the car is amazing. Drives solid, feels solid, it was love at first sight. Service at my dealer (Rusnak in Pasadena) was top notch.

I started driving back from Pasadena into the Bay Area around 11am. Around noon, I got a "tyre pressure high" message, and a few minutes after that, I got a "Brake Wear" message that kept the red brake light illuminated all the way back home. Car brakes fine, so I am inclined to believe it is sensor issue. The description says "Brake pads are worn or system cannot determine status". Since the car is new, I feel comfortable discounting the worn pads theory.

Has anyone run into this issues? Does anyone know how to reset those messages? The typre pressure high was easy to reset (in fact tyre pressure was high for one person). I would like to reset messages to see if the Brake Wear comes again. Thanks in advance for any advice, help or ideas!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The Grenadier baptized you. Maybe it will clear overnight.

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Grenadier baptized you. Maybe it will clear overnight.
LOLOL indeed

What an amazing car it is. Absolutely love it. Drove 5.5 hours back home and time just flew. My family is in awe of the massive curb presence and the strong built. Closing a car door has never been so satisfying.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
No big deal just perform a reset on tire pressure system in the morning once the car has sat. It probably was calibrated at lower pressure than what you are riding at. For what it is worth unladen I run at 36lbs / 2.5bar for a softer ride…. Air down some for a softer ride, re calibrate tire pressure in the menu, done.

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No big deal just perform a reset on tire pressure system in the morning once the car has sat. It probably was calibrated at lower pressure than what you are riding at. For what it is worth unladen I run at 36lbs / 2.5bar for a softer ride…. Air down some for a softer ride, re calibrate tire pressure in the menu, done.
Yes! The tyre warning cleared quickly. I did exactly what you do, set them at 36 lbs.

The Brake Wear is still there... oh well. I will deal with that one next. Dealer suggested some clips in brake system could be loose. I will not sweat it. Car is literally new so I am assuming brake pads are ok. Unless this forum suggests otherwise....

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So let me be absolutely clear: the car is amazing. Drives solid, feels solid, it was love at first sight. Service at my dealer (Rusnak in Pasadena) was top notch.

I started driving back from Pasadena into the Bay Area around 11am. Around noon, I got a "tyre pressure high" message, and a few minutes after that, I got a "Brake Wear" message that kept the red brake light illuminated all the way back home. Car brakes fine, so I am inclined to believe it is sensor issue. The description says "Brake pads are worn or system cannot determine status". Since the car is new, I feel comfortable discounting the worn pads theory.

Has anyone run into this issues? Does anyone know how to reset those messages? The typre pressure high was easy to reset (in fact tyre pressure was high for one person). I would like to reset messages to see if the Brake Wear comes again. Thanks in advance for any advice, help or idea

Congrats C64! Break in minor glitches. Soon they're gone! I'm so jealous!!!

Back
Top Bottom