The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Power steering loss

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
Just to wrap this one up. Been back on the road since yesterday. Ineos + Hedin came through with and provided the necessary support including a replacement Grenadier delivered to us.
👍👍👍

👍🏼Brilliant. I’m glad they sorted you out. That gives me confidence with Ineos. Are you able to continue your holidays or is that a lost cause.🤔

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, holiday continues... slightly long break of 4 days forced readjustment of plan but nonetheless got off-road again today.
Brilliant. Good on Ineos for sorting that. That gives me great confidence 😎
A round of applause for Ineos 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Problems happen and things break. As they say Sh-t happens. It’s how Ineos deals with these problems is what counts. It seems Ineos and there agents are getting better at trying to sort things out and especially in this case of allowing @nickelnoff to continue his travels. 😃
Happy travels nickelnoff 👍🏼

Vote:
Upvote 0

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Mrs had this yesterday, she took our son for a swimming lesson on the way back it failed she was pretty shocked as she could hardly drive it back, not impressed at all with this as completely dents your confidence.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bad luck. Although, I'm impressed your Mrs didn't just park it up and call for help.

I don't think we know any reasons behind any of the failures?

Vote:
Upvote 0

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
Absolutely unacceptable.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there hasn't been any feedback yet from those who had this problem.

I ask myself whether a too low hydraulic fluid level could be the cause.

Reactions: PBD
Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ask myself whether a too low hydraulic fluid level could be the cause.
Don't say that 🫣

Vote:
Upvote 0

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Unbelievable they didn't fill up and don't have the right stuff. 👿

Is it still below minimum? A power steering loss is not a fun experience. In particular not with a three-ton car.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bad luck. Although, I'm impressed your Mrs didn't just park it up and call for help.

Well I’m told mine was a power steering pump failure. I haven’t heard what @nicklenoff failure was, but would be interesting to hear what other people say they’ve been told is the problem. Is anyone aware of who manufactures the power steering pumps. I have a friend who is a senior engineer for Honda U.K. and he finds it hard to believe my power steering pump failed unless it was the electrical side of it. Let’s see what other people are told.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well I’m told mine was a power steering pump failure.
Yes, I could have been clearer ~ I meant a bit more granular detail. One to understand in a bit more detail but also if the detail is available it then confirms the initial diagnosis.

Vote:
Upvote 0

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I’m told mine was a power steering pump failure. I haven’t heard what @nicklenoff failure was, but would be interesting to hear what other people say they’ve been told is the problem. Is anyone aware of who manufactures the power steering pumps. I have a friend who is a senior engineer for Honda U.K. and he finds it hard to believe my power steering pump failed unless it was the electrical side of it. Let’s see what other people are told.
As far as I know power steering failure was caused by pump failure. Should have further details later this week.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As far as I know power steering failure was caused by pump failure. Should have further details later this week.
Whoever makes these pumps will be getting their knuckles wrapped 🤔 I reckon. From what I’ve been told the mechanics of good power steering pumps just don’t fail it must be the electrical part of it.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
One look at the multi plug on the wiring to these PAS pumps confirms to me that they are software controlled. I've kinda lost touch with these recent ones, but the early ones I experienced ran full time against a pressure relief valve. I'm guessing these don't.
And the comments drew me back to AnrewW's earlier post about the 'haptic' click on his steering - now that also could be a software problem (or a sensor??)

Vote:
Upvote 0

EdSardar

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Problems happen and things break. As they say Sh-t happens. It’s how Ineos deals with these problems is what counts. It seems Ineos and there agents are getting better at trying to sort things out and especially in this case of allowing @nickelnoff to continue his travels. 😃
Happy travels nickelnoff 👍🏼
Reassuring to say the least knowing a new car company with no track record is standing firm behind their products and providing support in any form/means possible.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom