The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Off Road Menu

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
Ineos has nailed the nav system that I've wanted since GPS for cars was a thing -- no fussing with updates or maps that are out of date the moment they leave the lot of a bunch of proprietary file formats.
Completely agree ... now I can (hopefully) choose anything, free or paying: Waze, Google Maps, Here, ... very useful feature. When travelling I often switch from one to another according to my needs.
This "was" for me one of the most useful "tech" features Ineos was offering! I hope the "was" will still be "is", but it looks like!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of techy stuff in vehicles, but these are all useful. Also, these have no bearing on the actual function of the vehicle - if the screen fails the truck still drives - so these are like icing on a cake. The only one I'd really miss if the screen were to fail is the tire pressure - its not indispensable, but its quite handy.

EDIT: the electrical page is also quite useful!
I hired a Fiat 500 in Sardinia in 2019 and only after an hour or so in the country I noticed the tyre pressure warning light was on.
i checked and they looked OK but in the next village I stopped at a mechanics shop and he checked for me and gave me the thumbs up, he didn't speak english and I don't speak much Italian.
He then climbed in a reset the warning
A continuous tyre pressure monitoring system would have solved that problem

Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
I hired a Fiat 500 in Sardinia in 2019 and only after an hour or so in the country I noticed the tyre pressure warning light was on.
i checked and they looked OK but in the next village I stopped at a mechanics shop and he checked for me and gave me the thumbs up, he didn't speak english and I don't speak much Italian.
He then climbed in a reset the warning
A continuous tyre pressure monitoring system would have solved that problem
Yeah, as long as there's no alarm when tires get low - or at least there needs to be a way to dismiss the alarm so that you don't have incessant beeping after intentionally letting air out of your tires. Can't believe that some "off-road" vehicles don't allow a reset of the "low air" setting when off-road.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, as long as there's no alarm when tires get low - or at least there needs to be a way to dismiss the alarm so that you don't have incessant beeping after intentionally letting air out of your tires. Can't believe that some "off-road" vehicles don't allow a reset of the "low air" setting when off-road.
The off road switch does that I believe.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
With the Pathfinder feature, does anyone know how we would share a path (the file)? Does this mean there would be an app for the Grenadier that we'll use to manage the files or will the infotainment system it's store the files and push them to a phone when prompted?

Edit
I think I just found the answer, “So, for example, you’ll be able to build an off-road route online, using GPS coordinates (as opposed to map data), save these to a USB stick, then plug it into your Grenadier, which will then guide you. Or you’ll be able to mark waypoints on your way – and the Grenadier will show you the way back.

It sounds like we'll have to do this manually, which I'm fine with and can like with.

MJ
On the south africa drive the Ineos guy said you could hang back from the vehicle in front to keep out of his dust and he could share his route so you knew if he turned off the track

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
With an inverter you’ll be able to get a 286 with monitor and if your lucky an 8pin Epsom printer in the back to print it out for you @DCPU although I’d advise using a trackerball instead of 2 button mouse, they work better in the rough don’t you know ;)

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
S
With an inverter you’ll be able to get a 286 with monitor and if your lucky an 8pin Epsom printer in the back to print it out for you @DCPU although I’d advise using a trackerball instead of 2 button mouse, they work better in the rough don’t you know ;)
Surely you could squeeze out enough juice for a 486 and 4MB RAM...and maybe a sound blaster card

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
S

Surely you could squeeze out enough juice for a 486 and 4MB RAM...and maybe a sound blaster card
It’s the utilitarian spartan vehicle after all. I think we can stretch to a cd rom though.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
I need binoculars to see how far that went over my head. 😊

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I seriously am thinking about buying an inverter (really) ... I still have an Apple II :cool:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:46 PM
Reaction score
I need binoculars to see how far that went over my head. 😊
Lots of old nerdy computer banter.

I’m and 8088 cga kinda guy myself.

Truth be told, I have some insider information. The good folks at IA knew it would be vital to update the firmware and software for the GUI screen. The true reason they dropped the inverter was because they needed space for this bad boy.
E7719F07-482E-4C09-9E0D-B0B9C37CCB1A.jpeg
The “software” issue holding up the vehicle deliveries is because of supply chain issues, they cannot get ahold of enough 5-1/4 discs to include with each truck. The OS takes 14 discs each.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
See what pops up in your feed when you look at old GPS:

View attachment 7801970
I just read some articles about that system. From today’s view it seems to be a funny invention. But it has been quite bold to construct such a device and offer it to buyers at a quarter of the cars price. It would be interesting where the origin of the system is. Maybe it has been adopted from marine navigation.

Back
Top Bottom