The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment Console software improvements – INEOS wish-list - add your own

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
TOWING SUB-MENU
Add a separate menu for information relevant to towing including EGT and Turbo PSI.

This could also be done done adding EGT and PSI to the existing TEMPERATURE MENU.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another request
Leaving any door open for a while drains the battery, a lot. Much more than I was expecting, it must be the Infotainment unit drawing the power.

When parked, I would prefer the info unit only coming on when the driver's door is opened - not all doors.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
Another request
Leaving any door open for a while drains the battery, a lot. Much more than I was expecting, it must be the Infotainment unit drawing the power.

When parked, I would prefer the info unit only coming on when the driver's door is opened - not all doors.
Leaving the doors open also leaves the puddle lights on (if fitted)

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t have any problems whilst camping.
Didn’t fully close any doors until finally wanting to lock the vehicle. Lights go out after 10 mins then as long as I don’t fully close any and just push to first click then. No electronics or lights get activated.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The screen not dimming when the lights are on does seem a strange omission.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This may seem odd but I would like to be able turn off the screen completely without the radio going off, could still operate via the steering buttons or the toggle, and I don't mean how it still glows when off. Would still need to see the speed but much dimer maybe also fuel range (as the gauge is pretty useless ;)) I have the lights as low as possible on the screen now and still find quite bright, I'm thankful it's not more colourful and brighter like some journalist have suggested it should be.
I always used to turn the screen off in my previous car and hate cars full of screens that distract me when driving at night especially on dark roads. Everyone is banned from using their phone in the dark when I drive as I find the light distracting.
I have thought about making a black screen that covers all but the speed

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
You could easily make a “screen protector” out of heavily tinted plastic (like the kind people put over license plates) and maybe notch out the Speedo area.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You could easily make a “screen protector” out of heavily tinted plastic (like the kind people put over license plates) and maybe notch out the Speedo area.
that's what I was thinking of, but getting it to stay without damage and be able to quickly and easily attach/remove whilst driving

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
that's what I was thinking of, but getting it to stay without damage and be able to quickly and easily attach/remove whilst driving
Put on a proper, hardened glass screen protector (which are ultimately removable) and then use two or three Velcro dots in the “corners” to attach and detach the tinted one. The Velcro will keep it in place fine and the other half is on the glass screen protector so no damage to the screen itself.

Reactions: CRH

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NO DPF BURNOFF IN OFFROAD MODE (DIESEL MODELS)
Can we find out whether a DPF burnoff is delayed if the car has OFFROAD or the WADING modes selected. I have asked my dealer.

INEOS please add this feature to reduce fire risks offroad, esp in spinfex areas. I am talking about delaying the burn until a safer time.

Plus it would be good to know when a DPF burn is underway, so the driver can avoid higher risk activities, like driving through dry grass!

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
Can we find out whether a DPF burnoff is delayed if the car has OFFROAD or the WADING modes selected. I have asked my dealer.

INEOS please add this feature to reduce fire risks offroad, esp in spinfex areas. I am talking about delaying the burn until a safer time.

Plus it would be good to know when a DPF burn is underway, so the driver can avoid higher risk activities, like driving through dry grass!
X2 that!!!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I thought I had seen somewhere, the manual, I could be wrong, I usually am, that the DPF burn was disabled in off road and wade mode. In wade mode aren't the fans disabled to prevent splashing, if so surely the DPF burn would be disabled as well.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
MAP STAYS IN DAYTIME MODE EVEN WHEN HEADLIGHTS ARE ON DURING DAY

Currently (and this is pre the latest s/w update so maybe it's fixed) when driving during the day with headlights on, the map switches to night (dark) mode making it difficult to read.
Although there are some menu options around this topic there is nothing that allows selection of daytime mode for the map while headlights are on.

In Australia we are encouraged to drive with headlights on on the highway to improve overall visibility at distance, and to reduce risk during overtaking. So, I think this is important.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought I had seen somewhere, the manual, I could be wrong, I usually am, that the DPF burn was disabled in off road and wade mode. In wade mode aren't the fans disabled to prevent splashing, if so surely the DPF burn would be disabled as well.
According to the Australian manual, it is disabled in wading mode, but not off-road mode.

Snipewench

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Took delivery of my new Gren two days ago, so am still getting used to the system, and such.

Two things I'd like to add:

1) Sync the system clock off the phone. When I was 100k down the road from SLRV, my iPhone clock (which is visible in CarPlay) was showing 1400, but the car clock was showing 0400. Wait, is that an "off by 1" bug? Surely the developers of the software had tested that, right? (Sadly, this is due to an incorrect time zone setting, which the car should pick up from the phone). Easily fixed.

2) Speaking of DPF, I've been very badly traumatised by DPF issues with my last vehicle, so I'ld absolutely love an indication for the state of the DPF, so I can work out when it'd be a good thing to jump out onto the freeway and go for a nice long drive. I'd also like the ability to manually kick off a DPF burn, because I'd hate to get out onto the freeway to let the car do a burn, only for the car to go "nope, not happening this time around", with my knowing that the next two weeks, I'll be locally commuting to a train station (which is very bad for DPF clogging - don't ask how I know this...), at 5am, in the middle of winter, and not wanting the car to go "yup, now is the time to do that burn I didn't want to do when we were on the freeway".

It seriously sucks when, at 5am in the middle of winter, you're 2 minutes from home, heading to the train station to catch a 2 hour one way train ride, when the vehicle goes BONG! flashing yellow DPF light or flashing yellow coil light, then a second later, BONG! CEL and limp mode. No indication at any point prior to this that DPF burn was needed...

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another feature request.

Change the time zone settings so it can be set in increments of 1/2 an hour, so the correct zone can be set for South Australia and the Northern Territory.

Back
Top Bottom