The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Q&A Americas Why can't we uncheck RIA Raised Air Intake

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
We should be able to uncheck the RAI Raised Air Intake on both the Trial Master and Station Wagon Editions on the configurators for those
two editions as currently you cannot uncheck them to save money if you don't want them.

Solution
INEOS Americas Response:

"The Grenadier Trialmaster trim is equipped with a Raised Air Intake as standard equipment. While this cannot be de-selected, it is possible to equip a standard Grenadier with all the options required, without restriction, to provide the flexibility of building a Grenadier without a RAI, but with all the other options "

RoyalWulff

Forum Supporter
Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
We should be able to uncheck the RAI Raised Air Intake on both the Trial Master and Station Wagon Editions on the configurators for those
two editions as currently you cannot uncheck them to save money if you don't want them.
Agreed.

2. I’d extend this to the “premium sound system” as well. I hate that the amp eats up 2nd battery space.

3. No steelies on the Fieldmaster … not even an option to get them

Vote:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There will be a blanking plate available for the RAI so you can remove it according to a rep at my off-road event.
Hi Bruce, Thanks for the info on the blanking plate. If I am forced to get the RAI on my built, then being able to not have the dealer install it or having the option of pulling it off and putting a trim cover plate on will work. Of course, having the option to not get the RAI would be much easier and save some $$$ too. DaBull

Vote:

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
On my base (station wagon) build I am not forced to select RAI

Vote:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:56 AM
Reaction score
We should be able to uncheck the RAI Raised Air Intake on both the Trial Master and Station Wagon Editions
I agree with you.

But I don't think they will give up the business of charging a 1 meter plastic pipe with $850.

Vote:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS Americas Response:

"The Grenadier Trialmaster trim is equipped with a Raised Air Intake as standard equipment. While this cannot be de-selected, it is possible to equip a standard Grenadier with all the options required, without restriction, to provide the flexibility of building a Grenadier without a RAI, but with all the other options "

Last edited:
Vote:
Solution

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:56 AM
Reaction score
INEOS Americas Responce:

exactly what I did (but the price was almost excatly the same sans RAI)

Vote:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ha, typo of the week.
Hi Stu, Just wanted to say THANK YOU for all your efforts on behalf of the Forum members. You're doing an exceptional job keeping us on track and informed.
Give me the confidence to carry on with my Grenadier Purchase and know that I will be able to both enjoy it and also maintain it. Keep up the good work.
DaBull

Vote:
Back
Top Bottom