The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who's is this one in UK???

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
I noticed a couple of the reviewers that complained said they like to have their seat as low as possible and reclined.
That would definitely cause a problem with the footrest.
In the grenadier it is better to have the seat up high and more upright i find.
This leaves plenty of room for left leg to sit comfortably
Which is by the way the seat position that every instructor on a safe driving seminar would advise you.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
Correct - the ONLY way I found comfort was in a fully upright position, with seat slightly closer to steering wheel than I would normally drive. Down + reclined is not possible without discomfort - not without your left hammy sitting well of the squab.. (you will not see single review video where the seat is down and reclined!) To be honest, the high seating position was tolerable for the drive up some rocks/ruts etc and the test is the long haul... which we will all get to hear more of soon.

So, UK are now getting cars! Lucky buggers I saw elsewhere another UK owner got theirs. How long before owner reviews come out?
Those seats are so good that long drives shouldn't be a problem
Face it the vehicle is a truck and I have never seen truck drivers reclining their seats and lowering them.
They drive for 8 hours a day high and upright.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
You won't notice it after a few days , or you could cancel your order and buy something else . I'm willing to take the risk but each individual has the right not to .

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In two PT test drives I never had an issue with the RHD left foot “rest”. But I come from years of Series then Defender ownership and prefer a close, upright driving position. One thing I appreciated in the PT Grenadier footwell design was that the left footrest seemed very similar in angle & position to the accelerator pedal when depressed. One of my habits when doing long highway drives is to set the speed LIMITER, not the cruise control then just let my right foot rest fully on the accelerator pedal. That way I have both feet resting comfortably.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
One of these on your right foot will fix it….
Haha I am actually looking at my PT02 photos and I think 'extending' brake and throttle to be more in plane... is possible. Might void warranty and all???

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Haha I am actually looking at my PT02 photos and I think 'extending' brake and throttle to be more in plane... is possible. Might void warranty and all???
I was wondering the same thing, could be as simple as a secure clip on extension or pad on top of the brake and throttle. Not worried about the warranty but may be illegal in some markets?

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some more pics from a UK PT02, yes the padding was very thick I wanted to look underneith how close it is maybe there are a few cm that could be saved,
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-21 at 15.37.40 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-02-21 at 15.37.40 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-02-21 at 15.37.40.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
Just strap on one of these bad boys:

81RJYrW7DkL.jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at some of the drive day and review video's I am stunned by some of the seat/driving positions some people put themselves in.
Not to mention how they handle the steering wheel.
Last year my soon to be ex employer put all of the sales reps through an advanced driver training course.
Seating position and steering wheel hold were the two biggest issues they had to correct
A couple of the younger guys said it was so much better and more comfortable to drive
One older guy who said he suffered lots of back pain when doing long drives was amazed how much better it was when he put both hands on the wheel at 9 & 3 as it forced him to sit square on to the wheel and put both his arse cheeks flat on the seat

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some more pics from a UK PT02, yes the padding was very thick I wanted to look underneith how close it is maybe there are a few cm that could be saved,
View attachment 7803909View attachment 7803910View attachment 7803911
All depends one which issue you think is the problem:

1. Height of the footrest; or
2. Narrow gap between footrest and brake pedal; or
3. Both of the above

If it's 1. - removing completely (or swapping for thinner material) the plastic flooring over the footrest will only reduce it's height by 10mm; so not worth it.

If it's 2. - removing completely (or swapping for thinner material) the plastic flooring over the footrest will increase the space by 40mm; so worth it.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
All depends one which issue you think is the problem:

1. Height of the footrest; or
2. Narrow gap between footrest and brake pedal; or
3. Both of the above

If it's 1. - removing completely (or swapping for thinner material) the plastic flooring over the footrest will only reduce it's height by 10mm; so not worth it.

If it's 2. - removing completely (or swapping for thinner material) the plastic flooring over the footrest will increase the space by 40mm; so worth it.
Agreed. It’s one of those things to suss out once you get the vehicle.

Talking to one of the taller Ineos team about long trips, he had no problems after 000,s of kms.

I’m sure if it was a train wreck they would not have incorporated it.

As someone has said earlier, I think a lot of the negative comments are coming from those who’ve never owned a proper 4WD and who prefer to drive in a reclining position.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
It doesn't matter at all how wide the thing is. You can't put your foot next to it anyway.

Either it's there, or it's not.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed. It’s one of those things to suss out once you get the vehicle.

Talking to one of the taller Ineos team about long trips, he had no problems after 000,s of kms.

I’m sure if it was a train wreck they would not have incorporated it.

As someone has said earlier, I think a lot of the negative comments are coming from those who’ve never owned a proper 4WD and who prefer to drive in a reclining position.
No, it was a design flaw - they forgot about the manifold protruding in to RHD drive design when designer the LHD first. Anyone form IA will tell you its ok, 11 or 13 reviews I watached made reference to it as an 'odd / issue' thing.
The IA rep I spoke to, after pressing them a fair bit on this single element, said that they had actually pushed the issue to IA in the earlier part of 2022 abut didn't expect too much to come of it because it was left unanswered. Hence - why I am concern with it and well its evident from my hysteria LOL.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, it was a design flaw - they forgot about the manifold protruding in to RHD drive design when designer the LHD first. Anyone form IA will tell you its ok, 11 or 13 reviews I watached made reference to it as an 'odd / issue' thing.
The IA rep I spoke to, after pressing them a fair bit on this single element, said that they had actually pushed the issue to IA in the earlier part of 2022 abut didn't expect too much to come of it because it was left unanswered. Hence - why I am concern with it and well its evident from my hysteria LOL.
It’s a design compromise with ergonomic impacts, and the reasons for it are self-evident. Moving the engine forward would elongate the wheel base. Moving the firewall back would reduce the passenger cabin dimensions. Expanding the transmission tunnel would make the vehicle unacceptably wide. Raising the floor would make entry difficult and the roofline unacceptably high. Engine can’t be lowered (ladder chassis). This is why V6s are so popular (shorter = more easily packaged). However V6s have nothing near the durability of I6s (count the crankshaft bearings). On the balance of the alternatives it seems to me the sensible option.

Back
Top Bottom