The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who wants underbody skids? I have had a solid conversation with BudBuilt!!!

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
This is what it says on Smugmug when I hit, “Give me a hint”: Hint: first two san carlos grandmothers nickname last two ….not sure if that helps you 🤷🏻‍♂️
That’s the master password for the entire account. I know that one, but there is one that grants specific access. I’ll come up with a backup plan.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:10 PM
Reaction score
I am talking about standard trails in Colorado, Arizona, Texas, and several other states. Rugged trails that are used every day.
I am curious about what trails in Colo and Arizona require underbody skid made out of 3/8" steel.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am curious about what trails in Colo and Arizona require underbody skid made out of 3/8" steel.
Outside Breckenridge we took Red Cone Pass. I think the exposure to transmission pan, fel lines, and brake lines under the Gren is pretty bad and could result in a catastrophic failure that could be avoided with solid skids….but travel at your own risk.

j.ironfab

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
Outside Breckenridge we took Red Cone Pass. I think the exposure to transmission pan, fel lines, and brake lines under the Gren is pretty bad and could result in a catastrophic failure that could be avoided with solid skids….but travel at your own risk.

I think you are confusing your fractions 3/8 steel would be absurd for a skid plate the weight alone would just be dumb. Looking at the site it's all 3/16 which is the go to for most heavier trucks. I've seen people use 1/4 but that's pretty rare.

3/8 = 6/16 so double 3/16's for those not great at fractions...

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think you are confusing your fractions 3/8 steel would be absurd for a skid plate the weight alone would just be dumb. Looking at the site it's all 3/16 which is the go to for most heavier trucks. I've seen people use 1/4 but that's pretty rare.

3/8 = 6/16 so double 3/16's for those not great at fractions...
You are correct. Apologies to all.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:10 PM
Reaction score
I've driven Red Cone 13 years ago - it was neither technical nor particularly rough. Of course trails change.
The trails going along the creeks are more of a lurking danger - like Wheeler Lake or Pearl Pass.

Back
Top Bottom