The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Which Bodystyle Would You Order

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
So they've teased with a twin cab pickup and a 5 door station wagon and ASPW has indicated a Ute version, but which do you really want.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
5 door Wagon for me. I like the Troopys but if the wheelbase is going to be the same between a wagon and Troopys then wagon is more flexible. 

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
Voted for 5 door station wagon, but interested to see how the crew cab truck turns out.  I know the US has some super high tarrifs on imported pickup trucks, which is why all the "foreign" brands are actually made here in the US - Toyota, Nissan, etc.

I wonder if Ineos has a plan around this - sell it as chassis cab, then "buy and fit" the bed or a tray before delivery?  Will be watching this space closely.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
d1rty said:
Voted for 5 door station wagon, but interested to see how the crew cab truck turns out.  I know the US has some super high tarrifs on imported pickup trucks, which is why all the "foreign" brands are actually made here in the US - Toyota, Nissan, etc.

I wonder if Ineos has a plan around this - sell it as chassis cab, then "buy and fit" the bed or a tray before delivery?  Will be watching this space closely.

They could do what Subaru did to avoid the chicken tax.

Have the rear open with the seats there which can be removed by the user and rotated to face forward and reinstalled, and then sell a separate roof section, or better still have it as a rag top with a detachable hard top. That would be perfect for me, a full length removable hard top that covers and secures the bed. All depends on how they are attaching the bed to the cab section and chassis though....

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes Hahahah.  I don't see that happening.  But it bears watching to see if the truck version even makes it to the US because of the Chicken Tax.  Other makers have come up with clever workarounds - looking at Ford and the Transit vans.

Michael Gain

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of the capabilities of utilitarian SUVs. Since we have the truck to leverage its open bed, definitely will purchase the five-door wagon as well.

Now, if Ram decided to bring back the Ramcharger.... 

Local time
9:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm 18 right know, so i cant afford any car right know. But its my dream to have oneday a 4x4. But i have some criterias. I want to use my car for my future job. I learn to be a camera operator , gaffer , soundguy or editor. I want to be eng camera operator. So it needs to carry a camera , light and sound kit. Because a cameraman earns not so match that you can afford 2 exspensive cars. One car need to do 3 jobs my normal job , be fun to play at freetime in offroad terrain and serve as a daily car to do groceries and maybe when im lucky. to bring my children to school.  
So van would be alsume. In a belguim car import business that is specialized in 4x4 for africa has this cash transit van conversion from a lc79 for sale. This so close to perfect for me. But a armord van is way to overkill. Camera gear are exspensive but not so exspensive for a full armord van. So is waste of space and weight. So a normal metal and elu construction is good anough. Would be perfect to have armord glass, is harder to steall my camera ? also its not build for a normal operation.  So a full split door config at the back would be better then great. Also the backseat space is so alsume a collbetiol back seats. So when you carry people you drop the seats when you need to carry stuff you fold the seats up. The large rear seat space can be easy to build a desk between the front seats and rear seats. For a OB operation or for other jobs a small office would be really small market but would be alsume.

Conclusion i would love to see a ineos grenadier van. That is large. Also SQAURE! I HATE CURVED VANS. The reason why you buy a van is so you can put shelfs , drawers boxes with out massive waste of space.  Also back seats are reqearement i hope for space is large anough to fit different stuff when the seats are folded. Finaly need be allowing for owning this van without paying the masive bpm taxes for dutch cormercial owners.

It is dream, i think it would be not reaseble to think that is posible that ineos or other manifactor to make something like this. But in dreams every is possible and its free

Local time
Reaction score
When you get to my age, you deserve a two-seater. Changing from a Defender 90 with folding rear seats (used only occasionally) to dragging an extra 1.5m of truck around for no purpose... Plus parking at the supermarket will be a pain.

Local time
Reaction score
Station wagon (passanger ver.) with utility panels. I don't need to get inside the trunk from sides but I don't like useless side trunk windows.

Back
Top Bottom