The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

When PR goes wrong?

Local time
2:47 AM
Reaction score
I wish I could be so sure.

If you target a demographic that likes 24" rims, don't be surprised when the 17" steel ones get dropped from the options "because they don't sell".

Then a marketeer tells you that your urban demographic never use the central diff lock or transfer box and would prefer no lever in the cabin but a space to wirelessly charge their phone.
Yes my neighbour has a Disco with no transfer box not even sure it has 4 wheel drive but as he live in the country its OK
So don't let marketing set goals for engineering

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@bemax & @CountyV8 ~ That's definitely my hope. 👍

I'd love to see them become a sponsor for things like the Mongol Rally
How about the 2023 National Hedgelaying Championship?

The 2022 Final is on TV 😁
Screenshot_20221222_100209.jpg

It strikes me that they started marketing the right way with the "Build the Grenadier" series and the very public testing, which bucked the trend of the typical auto company, but it also strikes me that as launch approaches they are adopting the marketing strategies used by everyone else.
I agree and it's hard to understand why, other than most of the people they are recruiting into marketing/PR/social media posts are from Audi, McLaren, JLR, BMW, etc. and maybe come with a single mode of operating.

Last edited:

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
There are lots of Expedition Type things they could undertake out here in Australia, following up some of the explorers etc, but I suspect that would make Ineos Australia move-out of their Comfort Zone. There are even still remains some original areas of exploration still to be touched such as the Dutch Settlement in Central Australia of 1708 before Cook sailed up the East Coast. Thats one that no one has touched and we now know exactly where they were.

This led me down quite a rabit hole, and I must say it's a fascinating story - the potential for a "lost" colony of Dutch in Australia, a full 150 years before the centre was explored, its pretty incredible:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
This led me down quite a rabit hole, and I must say it's a fascinating story - the potential for a "lost" colony of Dutch in Australia, a full 150 years before the centre was explored, its pretty incredible:

Funny ,and probably true story. Belgium didn't exist at that time, Belgium was part of Holland or Spain or France. They mention the name "Van Baarle" what means "From Baarle". There is a very small place called Baarle close to where I live. In Australia, close is 100 km, in Belgium, close is 5 km.

But there is also a city called Baarle-Hertog, in Belgium, or is it The Netherlands (Nederland)? That is about 100 km from where I live, therefore "very far". One of the most crazy aberrations of Dutch-Belgian History, look at the map!
The upper part of the map is "The Netherlands", the lower part is "Belgium" (the black line is the border), except the whole red patchwork! This is the city of Baarle-Hertog, belonging to Belgium! Crazy Europe, crazy history.

1671739287524.png
Google it, some weird

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You dun good to track that down.
Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man

Am I understanding correctly - you, Bushguide, are Bush Tucker Man who wrote the piece I linked? If so, that's some incredible sleuthing and research you put together in that PDF!

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes you are understanding correctly. Les IS the Bushtucker man.

Cool eh ! 😊
Super cool! In that case, @Bushguide, I'm incredibly pleased to make the connection. I was raised by Indiana Jones and the idea of discovering the lost chapters of humanity's story has always fascinated me, and I found your research into the "Lost Dutch Colony" to be incredibly compelling, exciting, and one heck of a great adventure,

Indeed, an expedition to find this colony would be well worthy of a documentary series featuring a Grenadier!

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Am I understanding correctly - you, Bushguide, are Bush Tucker Man who wrote the piece I linked? If so, that's some incredible sleuthing and research you put together in that PDF!
Im afraid I am that same person. It took a decade or so but with some help from people in the British Library and elsewhere it finally all came together. The final piece of evidence was actually uncovered here in the Australia within the Mitchell Library in Sydney , NSW. "The Smoking Gun" so to speak. What you have encountered is the short version of the research document, the major version being over 270 pages. That version also contains the information turned up at the UK Public Records Office in Kew, and that uncovers some extremely controversial political intelligence data relating to the British Foreign Office in the late 1830's. Nuf said.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Incredible! Is the major version published anywhere that you could link? I'd love to learn more.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Im afraid I am that same person.
Fantastic. I read the pdf file too. Quite interesting, although not linked to my Genealogy.
I have been working on my Genealogical tree since several years, and indeed cross checking several sources is the clue to reach a breakthrough when you get stuck. Congratulations for your research!

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Fantastic. I read the pdf file too. Quite interesting, although not linked to my Genealogy.
I have been working on my Genealogical tree since several years, and indeed cross checking several sources is the clue to reach a breakthrough when you get stuck. Congratulations for your research!
Thanks Jean,I tracked down a relative living in Netherlands but she is a very private person so I wont go into detail there.
Cheers
Les Hiddins

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
Now you've all sleuthed Les , you guys need to track down his books of exploration and explorers and characters.
His writing style is , to use a grown up word , inimitable.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
Well if I said "grouse" , over half of the present company would think I was a goose for randomly talking about a plump bird
Anyone north of the mexican (ie NSW) border wouldn’t know what you were talking about either mate. Only you southerners use grouse.

Anyway, back on track please. Otherwise the hijack police will give us a ticket 😂😂😂

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So back on topic.

What I believe is termed the first "activation" of 2023. Derby day against Arsenal:

1673892270076.jpeg1673892269778.jpeg1673892269916.jpeg1673892270247.jpeg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What do you mean "activation?"

Back
Top Bottom