The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What's everyone driving...?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:58 AM
Reaction score
Well if one of you wanted a 4 speed ZF in the 110, then I think the 8 speed in the Grenadier will feel like the same jump again from the original manual.

If that's what's on the trailer then it looks amazing. đź‘Ś
Sunbeam Tiger is Maxwell Smart territory…V8 from memory…the car on the trailer is early English buy the looks…

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
I don't recall if you've posted this, but what color scheme did you spec for your Gren? The Defender green & white combo looks wonderful. The 911 isn't bad either ;)
:)Sela Green no white top... Strangely, white top was the standard non cost for Defender, white top is an optional quite expensive in the Grenadier...

Local time
Reaction score
We have an '18 Subie Forester XT for daily duties. Booooooring.

The mobile apartment is currently a '21 RAM 2500 "Trade Wagon" (Tradesman w/ Power Wagon package) with an OVRLND Campers pop-up shell. Truckosaurus rides pretty on 37" pillows, and is built out to be our long-range and longer-term trip vehicle. A 75L dual-zone fridge, and Webasto gas (that's petrol for the rest of the world) burning heater tapped into the fuel tank will keep us and the dogs comfy as we spend a month this summer in Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana along the Continental Divide.

Capture.PNG

Our more East Coast trail friendly rig is an '05 Toyota Sequoia. Currently at 272+k miles, I wouldn't hesitate to drive the 'ol beasty anywhere. 2.5" suspension lift with requisite reworked upper control arms and long-travel CV axles, and fitted with 33s. She's a bruiser covered in bed liner allowing me to cackle wildly as branches and sundry vegetation fail to leave their mark; particularly in summer as the Mid-Atlantic starts to resemble a rain forest and tracks get tighter and tighter. We have our king-sized RTT on it and simply use a ramp to get the dogs up there. This is what the Grenny will be replacing. While I'd love to put better suspension on, new exhaust, etc. I'm waiting to see just what kind of timeline and co$t we're really looking at with the IG. I'm not dumping thousands of dollars into the Yota and then take it in the shorts less than a year later. Particularly as we'll be using the RAM for this year's big trip.

293996846_5691732260838224_3436815109443509183_n (2).jpg

Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
'90 964 turbo since 1997, Defender Td4 since 2007, Pinarello Dogma F since 2021
All three of these… absolutely fantastic!

Many folks here that have the Defenders or Series Rovers… I consider you all so lucky. I have always wanted one to DD. Only problem is that in my area they are prohibitively expensive, and even then only in “ok” condition. Also a handful of ECD Automotive models, which typically start around $220,000… ouch!

Nice to daydream on their website though…
https://ecdautodesign.com/

The Grenadier will fill the Defender void, thankfully.

Local time
2:58 AM
Reaction score
We have an '18 Subie Forester XT for daily duties. Booooooring.

The mobile apartment is currently a '21 RAM 2500 "Trade Wagon" (Tradesman w/ Power Wagon package) with an OVRLND Campers pop-up shell. Truckosaurus rides pretty on 37" pillows, and is built out to be our long-range and longer-term trip vehicle. A 75L dual-zone fridge, and Webasto gas (that's petrol for the rest of the world) burning heater tapped into the fuel tank will keep us and the dogs comfy as we spend a month this summer in Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana along the Continental Divide.

View attachment 7806238

Awesome! The TradeWagon has the PW's 5link susp?
Remind me whose front bumper that is; I've seen it on the Thuren trucks.
How are you liking the Webasto petrol heater? 34gal factory tank yes? Been looking at the Espar B2L for mine (60gal custom TransferFlow diesel tank modified for petrol use).
Here's my big rig;
9061-892-Ford-F350-Custom-Camper (16 of 21).jpg

Local time
Reaction score
How are you liking the Webasto petrol heater? 34gal factory tank yes? Been looking at the Espar B2L for mine (60gal custom TransferFlow diesel tank modified for petrol use).
Here's my big rig;
View attachment 7806244
great looking rig. I’m a big fan of the flat beds with the camper unit on top over a slide in truck camper. Did you put this truck together yourself? Love the Buckstop bumper… looks like the aluminum main body?

Local time
Reaction score
Here's my big rig;
That Aterra XL is sweeeeeet :love:. Not really sure what the next iteration for us will be once the Wagon is dead (hopefully many, MANY moons from now). Hell...by then trucks may be a bygone memory :cry: But we, definitely, want to go the route of a side entry flatbed camper...just dunno if we want a fixed roof like the Aterra or another pop-up. That extra clearance is really welcome out here, though, it's not nearly as finished or thermally efficient. That's, hopefully, a problem for 5-10 years from now :LOL:

So, yeah...the TradeWagon set up is 100% a Power Wagon as far as underpinnings go. Lockers, selectable swaybar, winch, all the suspension, etc. It just omits the seats which I don't care about as I knew I was ripping the rear out for a K9 insert and replacing the covers with Katzkin's heated/cooled seats. No power seats, but...again...don't care. It doesn't have the LED headlamps (so I just put really good LED cut-off bulbs in), and other rando stuff that's not worth the $8k+ premium for a "real" Power Wagon (like black bumpers I knew I'd replace). I have Chassis Unlimited's Octane Series bumpers front and rear with dual swingouts on the rear. Absolutely bomber bumpers with the front designed around the factory winch cradle...you don't have to touch the winch during install. But their swingout design is absolute shit. I mean...terrrrrrrrrrrrible. I had a local fab shop "fix" them. We'll see how they do after being bounced around for a month straight on our trip and I may end up saying screw it and paying (and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...) for an Expedition One rear bumper.

The heater has been fantastic. Admittedly I've only had time to test it in the wilds of my front yard in the few weeks I've had it, but we were comfy when it slammed down into the teens overnight. Yes standard, woefully pathetic, gas tank. I really wish the EPA wasn't a bunch of goons that made actual extended range gas tanks such a barrier that no one builds them. I'm impressed you were able to get yours modified sufficiently for venting and such...no thrown codes? In the meantime we'll just settle for Rotopax.

Local time
Reaction score
All three of these… absolutely fantastic!

Many folks here that have the Defenders or Series Rovers… I consider you all so lucky. I have always wanted one to DD. Only problem is that in my area they are prohibitively expensive, and even then only in “ok” condition. Also a handful of ECD Automotive models, which typically start around $220,000… ouch!

Nice to daydream on their website though…
https://ecdautodesign.com/

The Grenadier will fill the Defender void, thankfully.

ECD looks pretty nice, but IMHO Heritage Driven takes the cake for the ultimate Defenders, without looking too foofy or overdone; https://heritagedriven.com/

great looking rig. I’m a big fan of the flat beds with the camper unit on top over a slide in truck camper. Did you put this truck together yourself? Love the Buckstop bumper… looks like the aluminum main body

Thank you. This has been a 5yr project of obsessing over creating the best I could assemble, using the best parts in the business. I've had lots of help from associates in the overlanding industry. Buckstop Outback bumper is custom; they changed up the tubing for me. I was going to go alum body (all the bull bars are steel only), but it was ~$900 surcharge to save ~80lbs IIRC. Not the best ROI.

That Aterra XL is sweeeeeet :love:. Not really sure what the next iteration for us will be once the Wagon is dead (hopefully many, MANY moons from now). Hell...by then trucks may be a bygone memory :cry: But we, definitely, want to go the route of a side entry flatbed camper...just dunno if we want a fixed roof like the Aterra or another pop-up. That extra clearance is really welcome out here, though, it's not nearly as finished or thermally efficient. That's, hopefully, a problem for 5-10 years from now :LOL:

So, yeah...the TradeWagon set up is 100% a Power Wagon as far as underpinnings go. Lockers, selectable swaybar, winch, all the suspension, etc. It just omits the seats which I don't care about as I knew I was ripping the rear out for a K9 insert and replacing the covers with Katzkin's heated/cooled seats. No power seats, but...again...don't care. It doesn't have the LED headlamps (so I just put really good LED cut-off bulbs in), and other rando stuff that's not worth the $8k+ premium for a "real" Power Wagon (like black bumpers I knew I'd replace). I have Chassis Unlimited's Octane Series bumpers front and rear with dual swingouts on the rear. Absolutely bomber bumpers with the front designed around the factory winch cradle...you don't have to touch the winch during install. But their swingout design is absolute shit. I mean...terrrrrrrrrrrrible. I had a local fab shop "fix" them. We'll see how they do after being bounced around for a month straight on our trip and I may end up saying screw it and paying (and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...) for an Expedition One rear bumper.

The heater has been fantastic. Admittedly I've only had time to test it in the wilds of my front yard in the few weeks I've had it, but we were comfy when it slammed down into the teens overnight. Yes standard, woefully pathetic, gas tank. I really wish the EPA wasn't a bunch of goons that made actual extended range gas tanks such a barrier that no one builds them. I'm impressed you were able to get yours modified sufficiently for venting and such...no thrown codes? In the meantime we'll just settle for Rotopax.

Thank you. It definitely is, however I'm finding there are some details that need to be fixed/changed/optimized on it. Everything is an evolution.
Yeah, you have lots of years/miles on the TW! Feel free to message me and we can chat composite campers if you'd like as I've become a bit of a nerd about the offerings in the marketplace.
TW doesn't have rear seats from factory? I wasn't even aware you could build a TW; probably because I was building cab-chassis on the RAM site vs pickups.
LED headlights would be nice to have but yeah, can't add them any Tradesman (only SLT+); this is a HUGE gripe of mine for the entire auto industry. LED lights should be standard on all vehicles now; halogens suck and are dangerous to drive with.
Good to know on CU's Octane front bumper. Rear swingouts can be difficult to get right; even Aluminess has had issues for a long time and it's not their first rodeo.
ExpOne is good quality. Good friend has customized one for the rear of his '13 E350 4WD w/ 4th gen 6.7L Cummins and Allison trans (yes, you read that right. He's such a wizard that all of the Mopar wiring is connected to Ford connectors for an OEM fit/look!).
Great to hear on the Webasto petrol. I think you could get the S&B 52gal tank to work however; this was my plan for a RAM 2500. Hangs a bit lower than OEM per Cayman at S&B, but so does my 60gal. My wizard friend installed the TF 60gal, changed tank vents to petrol, bent all new OEM Ford fuel lines, no CEL. It's fantastic to have this much range, especially when I change from the Truma propane air heater to Espar B2L petrol heater. My original plan was 4qty 4gal Rotopax in the HPI crossframe/tunnel box, but thankfully we got the TF 60gal to work instead.

Local time
Reaction score
ECD looks pretty nice, but IMHO Heritage Driven takes the cake for the ultimate Defenders, without looking too foofy or overdone; https://heritagedriven.com/

Thank you. This has been a 5yr project of obsessing over creating the best I could assemble, using the best parts in the business. I've had lots of help from associates in the overlanding industry. Buckstop Outback bumper is custom; they changed up the tubing for me. I was going to go alum body (all the bull bars are steel only), but it was ~$900 surcharge to save ~80lbs IIRC. Not the best ROI.

Agreed on ECD. Some of their wheel and color combinations are too flashy, but one of their beautiful Defender 130s parks in the building next to me… rarely gets driven.

AnilJ

Production/Transit
Local time
10:58 AM
Reaction score
So In my garage is:
Range Rover SVR
Porsche GT4
Nissan GT-R (R35)

I have the Fieldmaster In Production expected in a few weeks once recall stuff sorted.

These were recent pictures from an open day in Hambledon UK

Attachments

• 9234DDBB-454E-43D7-A81F-4F1155FC49D7.jpeg
    9234DDBB-454E-43D7-A81F-4F1155FC49D7.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 44
  • CE335500-AE06-4AA2-9D8E-91B8F247DEFD.jpeg
    CE335500-AE06-4AA2-9D8E-91B8F247DEFD.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 46

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:58 AM
Reaction score
Still in a loathsome Ford Ranger, it was meant to be a stopgap between the Defender and the Grenadier… It’s making the wait even more unbearable.

Local time
Reaction score
Still in a loathsome Ford Ranger, it was meant to be a stopgap between the Defender and the Grenadier… It’s making the wait even more unbearable.

Actually, it will probably make the Grenadier even more special for you!

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 80-series
- 300,000mi+
- OME 2.5” lift
- BFG AT KO2
- ARB front bumper
- ARB RTT

I wouldn’t hesitate taking this rig anywhere, but I’m excited to potentially replace this and a 2003 Land Cruiser 100-series (Wife’s DD, unmodified) with a Grenadier.

F4CCB8FB-AA90-42AD-977A-CC33D5B495F1.jpeg

Attachments

• 70FBF8FC-6530-40D1-9E46-FB2BE65F4BC8.jpeg
    70FBF8FC-6530-40D1-9E46-FB2BE65F4BC8.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 12
Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
Prius with 3x lockers and 35” (jk). Jeep Wrangler 2011. Previously owned 1997 D90 and 2004 G500.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
I thought for a long time whether this would degenerate into a cock comparison, but since it is not a German forum and people are more relaxed in other countries:

suzuki Jimny petrol 2017
renault twingo electric 2022
cobra 427 s/c 1965
chevrolet Nova SS 1967
jeep CJ 7 1980
Jaguar XJC 5.3 1978
Mercedes SL 300 1986
BMW 540 ix touring 2020
BMW Z4 M40i 2021
Porsche 991.2 Turbo S 2017

+ Bikes

Back