The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What do we call Grenadier owners?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
I've been kicking around the idea of what we should call Grenadier owners.  We have the Bronco Nation,  jeep has Jeepers, Tesla has Teslaholics.  

I was thinking the Brigade so the Grenadier Brigade.   You also get GB for short, which ties nicely into the UK roots.  

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
Grannies ? ?

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
The badge is depicting a "Burning Bomb" which has bad connotation for a vehicle I suspect. Hows your Burning Bomb? Suggest the name of simply Guardsmen.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If tongue-in-cheek and self deprecation are OK, and we want to subtlety honor the man who tackled this adventure, how 'bout... "Rats"? I think he'd be fine with that! 

Local time
Reaction score
Grenadier soldiers carried grenades.  The Grenadier 4x4 carries people.  Thus, we are also Grenades.

devo

Reservation Holder
Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
This rig must be well built because the name Grenadier is a risky one in the US. I could see people calling it the "Grenader".

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
devo said:
This rig must be well built because the name Grenadier is a risky one in the US. I could see people calling it the "Grenader".

Great idea! Blows the opposition out of the (car) park!?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
My tentative  suggestion is "Grinner"? ..... it's a reasonable slang shortening of Grenadier, as distinct from  "Grenna"  though the way some people pronounce English one might say there's no difference! :)    "Grinner" also conveys a sense of well-being and fulfilment" that comes from driving a real 4WD... ?with the collective noun being Grinners ... a happy bunch!!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think it is time to put it to a vote.  I have to figure it out but I say we put it up to a vote and then the top 5 will get voted on with the winner take all.  

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
Sorry but I find it a bit naive to "vote" for something which is not possible to decide.

Such names, if necessary at all, evolve. They can hardly be determined by vote or decree.

PL1

Local time
Reaction score
A little off topic, but I want a bumper sticker that says, "I feel sorry for new Defender owners."  or "I won't hurt your new Defender."

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=PL1 userid=8628896 postid=1332768781]A little off-topic, but I want a bumper sticker that says, "I feel sorry for new Defender owners."  or "I won't hurt your new Defender."[/QUOTE] what should my sticker say as I will own both when the Grenadier shows up in my driveway.  My MY20 Defender and my MY 23 Grenadier.  

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ADVAW8S your bumper sticker should say 'my other car is a real 4x4'?

Back
Top Bottom