The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What accessories would you like to see for the grenadier

Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
I for one would like a hard shell rooftop tent where I could access it using the optional ladder fitted on the rear door.
Most rooftop tents are side entry which means having to also bring along a ladder, whereas if you  have one already fitted to your grenadier, then why not use this to get to the tent.

I've already built a night heater for a tent which I run on kerosene, it's a converted Chinese diesel heater.
I plan on making a mount to fit this to the utility rail on the rear door and be able to blow hot air into the vehicle through a window mount panel on the rear window (easy) and or to the rooftop tent. Maybe one made for this purpose ready made!.

Also car window vents. I have fitted these to both my last two vehicles and this allows the windows to be cracked open for ventilation without rain being blown in.

Reactions: Pfk

3DDiY

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
It be cool of ineos to design one with a manufacture for just this. rear access or it folds to to side and you can climb in from the back into the side of the tent. 

Local time
Reaction score
After seeing how ineos have looked at attention to detail on the grenadier, I would bet a tent would be designed better than some of the offerings available atm and be cheaper. 

equismorio

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
These are the Accessories and Options I would like to see
- Towing Kit
- Roof Rack
- Sportier/Aggressive Aluminum Wheels
- More Side Runner options to select from
- Carplay and Android Auto

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
equismorio said:
These are the Accessories and Options I would like to see
- Towing Kit
- Roof Rack
- Sportier/Aggressive Aluminum Wheels
- More Side Runner options to select from
- Carplay and Android Auto

Carplay and Android-auto are standard i believe

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
Hi All.

I am trying to work out whether the accessories have to be ordered from INEOS at time of vehicle order,  or can they be put on at anytime in the future from the the dealers?  Things like Rock Sliders, Front Fender Chequer plate may be better to order upfront, whereas it wouldn't make any difference when you put roof rails/racks on.

Obviously getting a 5 year warranty when ordering from new might sway one to order them with the car though

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
From what I have read, you can change "minor" stuff which I suppose are things like rock sliders and the like. But you can from a certain milestone on not any more change e.g. 5-seat vs. 2 seat and all things which compose the foundations for the car.

I am not sure about the color, however.

Ineos should be able to provide exact information.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Davman said:
I am trying to work out whether the accessories have to be ordered from INEOS at time of vehicle order,  or can they be put on at anytime in the future from the the dealers?  Things like Rock Sliders, Front Fender Chequer plate may be better to order upfront, whereas it wouldn't make any difference when you put roof rails/racks on.

Obviously getting a 5 year warranty when ordering from new might sway one to order them with the car though

The items identified as Accessories on the Price List can be ordered at any time, and are available for either Dealer (at additional cost) or self fit. Accessories for the UK market have a 3 year warranty (not 5) - see page 44 of the UK Brochure.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
The one I really crave is the long range tank pre fitted from factory. Everything else can be done later or after market. While I am wishing how about integrated water storage options?

I do like the aux battery setup and will order that from factory. I wonder how they will offer power taps from that battery. The over head panel is supposed to provide the switching but are we supposed to run wires from a fuse box/ relay for the winch, fridge etc or will there be any Anderson plugs across the car?

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’d like to see a slide out table on the back full width. Just open the door and slide it out, kick down the legs, throw an air mattress on it. electrically heated cup holders. 

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
I'd like an integrated UHF Radio option that can be engaged by pressing a button from the cockpit panel above. I don't suppose it's already been done and maybe I've missed the memo ?

Local time
Reaction score
I'm looking to make a floor for the roof rack maybe out of composite decking boards. There is a type with T slots underneath which could be used to fix to the roof rack.
3d print some tube brackets to fix to the sides of the racking and with some light weight poles and a suitable camo tarp and a long bench cushion, I have the perfect shelter to shoot from whilst hunting. Portable hide with a good vantage point. 

Local time
Reaction score
Actually, forget the overpriced roof tent, with the composite decking installed, I could put a regular tent on there, suitable holes and 3d printed parts to hold poles and fixings and a tent can be put up in no time, maybe an inflatable type. 
It would be a lot lighter and less drag when driving. (Before a comedian replies, the tent would be packed away before driving
1f601.png
).

Just had a thought?! how long is the roof rack? 

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like a very good addition Chocki, perhaps some type of gun mount can be worked into the boards - Arca Swiss type would be nice

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
Chocki said:
I for one would like a hard shell rooftop tent where I could access it using the optional ladder fitted on the rear door.
Most rooftop tents are side entry which means having to also bring along a ladder, whereas if you  have one already fitted to your grenadier, then why not use this to get to the tent.

I've already built a night heater for a tent which I run on kerosene, it's a converted Chinese diesel heater.
I plan on making a mount to fit this to the utility rail on the rear door and be able to blow hot air into the vehicle through a window mount panel on the rear window (easy) and or to the rooftop tent. Maybe one made for this purpose ready made!.

Also car window vents. I have fitted these to both my last two vehicles and this allows the windows to be cracked open for ventilation without rain being blown in.

What you need is on of these - Australian price, South African product. 360 deg access.
https://bundutec.com.au/rooftop-tents/bundutop-standard/

Local time
Reaction score
Looks like additional fuel carrying capability is down to roof rack and rotopax containers as rotopax brackets are one of the official accessories listed. 
The largest rotopax fuel canister I've found so far is 4.5 us gal.  17Ltrs.
Maybe there is something else in the works for somewhere like Australia because the distances you lot drive are just nuts compared to most people in the UK. I think twice a year driving 1000 miles from the UK to Poland is a long journey!.

Local time
Reaction score
ECrider said:
Sounds like a very good addition Chocki, perhaps some type of gun mount can be worked into the boards - Arca Swiss type would be nice

Let's not get too carried away else we will take away the toyota pickups status as vehicle of choice for terrorists.  ?

Back
Top Bottom