The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Weird cause for CEL and other warnings on the IG

alexandruast

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I experienced a lot of random check engine warnings regarding the fuel sensor, steering, gearbox and diff locks since picking up my IG.
All cleared out upon restart, pretty much like everyone else's experience.
Before going out on the current trip, I plugged out the Scangauge II to relocate it, but ended up short on time and left it at home.
Now, 1500km+ in my trip so far, did 3 fillups, last one to the brim, abused the shifter, the LO/HI lever, fiddled with the difflocks a lot.
Never experienced a CEL or any warning anymore. I think it's safe to conclude that the problem was the Scangauge.
If anyone is experiencing random errors, just try to unplug that anything in the OBD port (if you have one) and see if it works.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I experienced a lot of random check engine warnings regarding the fuel sensor, steering, gearbox and diff locks since picking up my IG.
All cleared out upon restart, pretty much like everyone else's experience.
Before going out on the current trip, I plugged out the Scangauge II to relocate it, but ended up short on time and leaving it at home.
Now, 1500km+ in my trip so far, did 3 fillups, last one to the brim, abused the shifter, the LO/HI lever, fiddled with the difflocks a lot.
Never experienced a CEL or any warning anymore. I think it's safe to conclude that the problem was the Scangauge.
If anyone is experiencing random errors, just try to unplug that anything in the OBD port (if you have one) and see if it works.
Hi alexanddruast, This is the perfect thread to add causes for the CEL, (check engine light). So here's one for the books. Every single time I go to Starbucks my Grenadier CEL comes on. I am thinking it is either the hard right and then hard left turn to the order drive up menu which sloshes the gas around in the gas tank triggering the overflow sensor or my Grenadier wants a Star Bucks Double Espresso. I am about ready to add it to my gas tank to stop it from going CEL on me every damm morning. DaBull

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
Hi alexanddruast, This is the perfect thread to add causes for the CEL, (check engine light). So here's one for the books. Every single time I go to Starbucks my Grenadier CEL comes on. I am thinking it is either the hard right and then hard left turn to the order drive up menu which sloshes the gas around in the gas tank triggering the overflow sensor or my Grenadier wants a Star Bucks Double Espresso. I am about ready to add it to my gas tank to stop it from going CEL on me every damm morning. DaBull
That one’s easy, don’t go to Starbucks. 😬

Back
Top Bottom