The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Video Spring Rates

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for that, that really was worth listening to, the guy talking was the actual guy who did the development. Many people are going to be tempted to throw airbags on and put aftermarket suspension components on with lifts etc. It will be interesting to see how much that stuffs up what has obviously been a very carefully thought out design process in terms of maintaining that balance that so many have called out that the car handles remarkably well in multiple terrains something that is very difficult to achieve. I have to say I will not be rushing out to do any suspension modifications at least until many others have had experience with it. I have to say that even though I loved the utility of my Discover 3, I always kind of regretted how badly the extra weight of the bullbar, rocksliders and long range tank ruined the ride and handling of the vehicle. Part of the reason I chose to get all the stuff I could as standard on my order in the hope that the car will stay as good as it can be from the get go.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
Most informative. thanks for posting!
Linear rate springs at the front, three stage variable rate in the rear.. It's these titbits of information which help one understand the deep engineering underpinning the vehicle.. and inspire confidence in the $$$decision 😄

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for that, that really was worth listening to, the guy talking was the actual guy who did the development. Many people are going to be tempted to throw airbags on and put aftermarket suspension components on with lifts etc. It will be interesting to see how much that stuffs up what has obviously been a very carefully thought out design process in terms of maintaining that balance that so many have called out that the car handles remarkably well in multiple terrains something that is very difficult to achieve. I have to say I will not be rushing out to do any suspension modifications at least until many others have had experience with it. I have to say that even though I loved the utility of my Discover 3, I always kind of regretted how badly the extra weight of the bullbar, rocksliders and long range tank ruined the ride and handling of the vehicle. Part of the reason I chose to get all the stuff I could as standard on my order in the hope that the car will stay as good as it can be from the get go.
and another reason to wait is that the INEOS developer mentioned more heavy duty under body protection coming to support harsher off roading; meaning additional options in the pipeline

Back
Top Bottom