The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

US spec: Class III 2" NAS Tow Hitch and Electrics

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
The US configurator has only one option for the tow hitch, a Class III 2" NAS Tow Hitch and Electrics for $800 (seem like a lot). Am not sure what I am getting or how it is mounted to the frame. If any one has a photograph I would apprectaie it. I will not likley be towing with my IG, but am considering getting the factory hitch, in case I need to tow with it in the future (I'm planning on this being my last vehcicle - and I should live for another 30 years or so). Shoud I pass on it? Are my fears that an after-market option will be inferior warranted?

Chris

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
The US configurator has only one option for the tow hitch, a Class III 2" NAS Tow Hitch and Electrics for $800 (seem like a lot). Am not sure what I am getting or how it is mounted to the frame. If any one has a photograph I would apprectaie it. I will not likley be towing with my IG, but am considering getting the factory hitch, in case I need to tow with it in the future (I'm planning on this being my last vehcicle - and I should live for another 30 years or so). Shoud I pass on it? Are my fears that an after-market option will be inferior warranted?

Chris
Hi Chris @CJV

If you want INEOS Americas to answer that then post the question here (click on me for INEOS Americas Questions) and I'll make sure it gets to them for an answer.

Stu.

Driver8

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Chris
I plan on towing, one of the main reasons we are getting this vehicle and I am definitely getting this option. I have read from some of the European posts that it is best to get from factory and it was not possible to make happen after the fact, at least not from Ineos. For what its worth, it would cost $1500 to get a hitch installed on my Volvo, so when I saw $800 I thought it was a great price :)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
Well there's an Ineos version in the UK, so that might be a starting point?

Post #147:

Inverkiplad

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Ineos (in the US) is having some electrical issues with the factory installed tow package. I ordered the tow package but was not installed at dealer upon pickup due to aforementioned issues. The Ball bar and hitch were still supplied and Ineos credited the invoice cost of this package at pickup. That was in December and still no update available. It did also realize that I had not seen the Grenadier towing anything in the press release videos.Coincidence?

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Ineos (in the US) is having some electrical issues with the factory installed tow package. I ordered the tow package but was not installed at dealer upon pickup due to aforementioned issues. The Ball bar and hitch were still supplied and Ineos credited the invoice cost of this package at pickup. That was in December and still no update available. It did also realize that I had not seen the Grenadier towing anything in the press release videos.Coincidence?

I believe that it has been fixed, sort of. Vehicles previously delivered to customers in January and earlier do not have the fix yet. Trucks that were in US port had the software updated prior to delivery to the dealers/customers.

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer told me today that they have resolved all the tow hitch issues on new vehicles, and that they have the fix for the tranche that had the electrical issue initially (like mine). It is now just a matter of scheduling the fix on those models. Based on my earlier experience with Ineos corporate, I assume it will take them another couple of months to get the pig through the snake.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer told me today that they have resolved all the tow hitch issues on new vehicles, and that they have the fix for the tranche that had the electrical issue initially (like mine). It is now just a matter of scheduling the fix on those models. Based on my earlier experience with Ineos corporate, I assume it will take them another couple of months to get the pig through the snake.
I’m led to believe that the dealers will be calling in their customers to have the hitch install completed very soon. @CJV Did you take delivery of your Grenadier?

jeffmattSD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer in San Diego indicated that they would start installing the trailer hitches and updated the software middle of March.

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m led to believe that the dealers will be calling in their customers to have the hitch install completed very soon. @CJV Did you take delivery of your Grenadier?
Yes, I took delivery at the end of December. Had to chase Ineos for my deposit refund. And am checking in regularly with my dealer, RDS, on the status of the tow fix, the forthcoming Maintenance Packages, the Trialmaster Jacket (still no word on that), a software fix for the pinball machine alerts and alarms, and new accessories (e.g., half roof rack). RDS has been great, but Ineos has been slow on all fronts.
We should start a GoFundMe page to pay a computer programmer to develop a software patch for the display gremlins and the Advanced Driver Assistance Annoyance Systems.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I took delivery at the end of December. Had to chase Ineos for my deposit refund. And am checking in regularly with my dealer, RDS, on the status of the tow fix, the forthcoming Maintenance Packages, the Trialmaster Jacket (still no word on that), a software fix for the pinball machine alerts and alarms, and new accessories (e.g., half roof rack). RDS has been great, but Ineos has been slow on all fronts.
We should start a GoFundMe page to pay a computer programmer to develop a software patch for the display gremlins and the Advanced Driver Assistance Annoyance Systems.
Banner updated.

I hear you on that stuff. Not sure about maintenance packages, that may be dealer specific. Jackets are typically a few months after the vehicle delivery, adas etc I can’t comment without using foul language right now ;)

As for a go fund me page, we have a forum member who writes this code for a living ;) although I can’t remember who it is!

Deposits are a bit of a mess for a few, myself included and I put it out there for anyone who is missing theirs to chime in. I’m told those who let me know are all in the process of being returned now.

I know the racks are on a serious back order and are only trickling in. At least you didn’t order the table……

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the acronym correct.

Same here. I have to schedule tow package and brake sensor maintenance that I would rather do all at once since updating software is going to be involved.

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Banner updated.

I hear you on that stuff. Not sure about maintenance packages, that may be dealer specific. Jackets are typically a few months after the vehicle delivery, adas etc I can’t comment without using foul language right now ;)

As for a go fund me page, we have a forum member who writes this code for a living ;) although I can’t remember who it is!

Deposits are a bit of a mess for a few, myself included and I put it out there for anyone who is missing theirs to chime in. I’m told those who let me know are all in the process of being returned now.

I know the racks are on a serious back order and are only trickling in. At least you didn’t order the table……
Thanks, Stu!

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I haven’t seen any Ineos refund. I reached out to them once about it through website chat. I need to try again.

Back
Top Bottom