The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

US delivery light bar wired with high beam?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
I have an order for a trailmaster. Does anyone know if the US version will have the light bar wired with the high beam? Ie I expect a switch overhead to allow it to be engaged but actually engaging it is done via a relay connected to the high beam?

That's the way I would like it to work and I'm hoping that's how they wired it. I can't see any reason why you would want the light bar in without the high beam on as well.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
I have an order for a trailmaster. Does anyone know if the US version will have the light bar wired with the high beam? Ie I expect a switch overhead to allow it to be engaged but actually engaging it is done via a relay connected to the high beam?

That's the way I would like it to work and I'm hoping that's how they wired it. I can't see any reason why you would want the light bar in without the high beam on as well.
Trial..., parb, not Trailmaster ;)

But as many others, "trail" would have been better as a name

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
If it’s any

If it’s anything like the Australian ones then no, which is actually illegal here. I will be very annoyed if they do it for you septics and didn’t do it for us.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score

It will be switched via the overhead switch, not the high beams. Even the auxiliary inner grille lights require their switch on as well as off-road mode, to be triggered via the high beams.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
Yeah, I drove a demo car last Friday in the dark and saw that behavior.

I would probably wire the switch so you can't turn on the led bar unless the high beam is active. I find it annoying to be off the pavement and having to hit two switches when you come across a fellow traveler and want to avoid blinding them.

I participate in several off-road events and we often run into other cars out in the desert or on a mountain so I like the auxillary forward aiming bright lights to all turn off with the high beams.

Last edited:

Noosa John

Production/Transit
Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
So forgetting the pre wired 25A for the lighter I want to wire it separately with the loom provided by the manufacturer.
1. How do you get a cable to the roof rack? Can it come up through the existing aux. paper outlet? How?
2. Where can you pick up a high beam power connection? I want it legal and usable.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
So forgetting the pre wired 25A for the lighter I want to wire it separately with the loom provided by the manufacturer.
1. How do you get a cable to the roof rack? Can it come up through the existing aux. paper outlet? How?
2. Where can you pick up a high beam power connection? I want it legal and usable.
You would be better to use the existing wiring but just add a relay triggered from the high beam switch.

Back
Top Bottom