The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Unplugging stuff to see engine control behavior?

alexandruast

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
I looked at the B57 engine with the cover off and I don't really like what i see. Hugely lot of electronics, compared for example with a recent 2.8D from Toyota.
Anyone willing to purposely unplug some stuff to see how the car behaves, and if Ineos did something to the ECU software to actually drive this thing with some partial malfunction?
- Injectors
- EGR
- Sensors
- Turbo geometry control
- Catalytic sensors

Who wants to be the forum guinea pig? :)

Attachments

• IMG_6847.jpeg
    IMG_6847.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6848.jpeg
    IMG_6848.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6849.jpeg
    IMG_6849.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6850.jpeg
    IMG_6850.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6851.jpeg
    IMG_6851.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6852.jpeg
    IMG_6852.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 30
Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
I can see the point of the experiment. Some engines when a confirmed false mechanical condition is detected caused by a sensor fault the ECU may limit function, totally derate or no start however if that same circuit is intentionally put into a voltage failed high or an open state the ECU program allows the engine to start with a check engine code and not be totally incapacitated allowing the vehicle to be moved to a better location.
I am going to assume by some replies this is something BMW electronics won't allow.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
hi,

I also would have the idea of removing the egr, dpf, adBlue.... but actually the warranty issue is holding me back.

near me there is an official BMW dealership that also does racing preparations. even if I have a diesel B57 engine, I will stop to have a word with the workshop manager.

https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/b57-dpf-remove.12415041/

Back
Top Bottom