The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Touring set ups

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Many of us seek the unicorn 4x4. So many compromises!
This is an excellent critique of what is needed vs wanted.
I like his video's .
pretty down to earth.
I originally specced up with Inky black roof and then Ric at SLRV asked me if I was putting a roof rack on.
Then he made the good point that the rack will hide the inky black roof so why spend the extra $1,700

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Excellent video that breaks down some of the key issues to consider when adding accessories to and/or changing aspects of your Grenadier to support the purpose(s) for which you have bought it.

He encourages owners to research, plan, investigate and consider the impact of each change before you make them and like almost everything in life, each accessory addition or change means a compromise.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
You mean like this, taken just before Christmas locally to me. Im particularly impressed with the way the high lift wasn’t scratched and how the frame was very, almost perfectly clean…..
oh I almost forgot the angry shovel as well, that bad boy had seen a lot of use up there as a wind deflector….

Ok. Enough of that. I’m totally in agreement with the above, what you need for why you need it. The problem being that if you decide to evolve with this vehicle over 20 years it’s easier and more cost effective to hit it at purchase. At least that’s my feeling.
9EE9E4A2-6577-4CB8-8BD7-76C50F11FC63.jpeg63EC563F-6D25-4C94-9150-435B9B4ACD52.jpeg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
You mean like this, taken just before Christmas locally to me. Im particularly impressed with the way the high lift wasn’t scratched and how the frame was very, almost perfectly clean…..
oh I almost forgot the angry shovel as well, that bad boy had seen a lot of use up there as a wind deflector….

Ok. Enough of that. I’m totally in agreement with the above, what you need for why you need it. The problem being that if you decide to evolve with this vehicle over 20 years it’s easier and more cost effective to hit it at purchase. At least that’s my feeling.
View attachment 7803032View attachment 7803033
Yes, we get a lot or urban 4x4ers, the accessory companies love them.
On the other hand, in a few years they'll work out what they need and don't need simply by the level of dust on the item.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7803032View attachment 7803033
That Jeep owner is seriously dedicated. Do you have any idea how time consuming it must be to sand and repaint that shovel and jack after each use to keep it looking new?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom