The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Top ten4wd (www.topgeer.com)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
Not totally confident in this list. They have a Panda and Ignis (what ever the hell that is) ahead of the new Defender and G Wagen.
Do they say anywhere that the vehicles are ranked? The descriptions are all positive, so I think it’s possible that it’s more a grouping of the 10 best vehicles.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It may not have said it, but I then wonder why they ordered them as they did. It’s not alphabetical, not price, not country of origin, not in a chronological order.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Top Ten is not mentioned in their heading…it states ten of the best off road vehicles you can buy in 2023…nice to see the Grenadier in the mix…
Not totally confident in this list. They have a Panda and Ignis (what ever the hell that is) ahead of the new Defender and G Wagen.
Who are the rest of the best?

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
Strange that the Range Rover isn’t included. I’ve found the L405 to be extremely capable off road and on ice/snow, it’s pretty well effortless excepting that you’ve got to stop to disengage bottom box. The air suspension is very effective. Standard Pirelli all seasons are decent off road and on slippy roads.
I trust that the Grenadier will better the L405 and both the old and new Defender.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The Fiat Panda 4x4 has a cult following and is a real capable piece of kit for rough terrain (not rock crawling, winching etc), the Suzuki Ignis is also a great little bit of kit of a similar nature. When have you ever heard a Suzuki owner complaining about their vehicle.

Not sure how they have ranked them, but I certainly wouldn’t put the Isuzu at the top of the list, and if that’s in there, where is the Hilux ?

Not even sure what the criteria is, as it clearly isn’t out and out 4x4 prowess as the defender wouldn’t be at number 10 behind two all wheel drive cars !!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Strange that the Range Rover isn’t included. I’ve found the L405 to be extremely capable off road and on ice/snow, it’s pretty well effortless excepting that you’ve got to stop to disengage bottom box. The air suspension is very effective. Standard Pirelli all seasons are decent off road and on slippy roads.
I trust that the Grenadier will better the L405 and both the old and new Defender.
I don't think Range Rover buyers take them off road anymore.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think Range Rover buyers take them off road anymore.
Yes, yes they do... They also park on the grass verge with two wheels. ;) Mine is allowed to go off-road every now and then. Even though he is increasingly too good for that.

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
With grabber all terrain tyres they are almost unstoppable. But too computerised, the programmes are useless and it is hard to find a way of disengaging the traction control which is sometimes essential. Suspension doesn’t inspire confidence as too floaty. Bushes give up the ghost pretty quickly if used off road. Switching to grenadier as I can control everything manually, should be more durable and cheaper to maintain. Loved my Range Rover though. It’s been reliable and very fuel efficient over 85k miles. No interest in any of the current Land Rover products.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
Yes, they are too computer based but the system does work and is pretty clever. The controller needed changing under warranty fortunately - too much use. I’ve never been stuck in mine, even on a steep, wet grassy hillside. Did make some nice tracks though. It also tows 3.5 tonnes smoothly and effortlessly.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They are incredibly capable, not sure the Grenadier will better them interms of pure capability. The hope and plan is that they will better them in terms of reliability, repairability and most importantly company support

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not an accurate list on this side of the globe since half of those vehicles aren't sold here. Also, the grenadier isn't really in circulation yet.
It is not the top ten or the best ten...

It is "Ten of the best off-road vehicles you can buy in 2023"​

There are a lot of best off-road vehicles apparently and this is a list of ten of them in no order at all...no comparisons because that would be impossible.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It's like a list of the "10 best fruits of 2023"
Glad they could find 10.

Back
Top Bottom