The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

This Forum is a Family

Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
I, like many of you I suppose, have been fortunate to enjoy vehicles over the years and the associated dialog that has come along after the internet came about that enabled the forum aspect.

These forums are sometimes very negative unfortunately and I don’t stay attached to the ones I had hoped were prepared to be positive for the long-term.

This forum is very different at this point in time, in my experience. We have an amazing vehicle being provided by an individual that shares our enthusiasm. We all share that, at least that is my assumption right now. And to make it even more interesting, we are all part of the global family that brought us together. Geographic’s mean nothing to me - we are all brothers and sisters.

As we go forward, I hope we all continue to get along. This forum is special, as it brings together a “Brotherhood/Sisterhood” that share the same common interest.

I am encouraged and hope we will all enjoy the same basic principal this vehicle was founded upon and openly share the experiences and lessons-learned, no matter how simplistic it may seem.

I’m happy and encouraged to be a part of this family.

Mark

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
I, like many of you I suppose, have been fortunate to enjoy vehicles over the years and the associated dialog that has come along after the internet came about that enabled the forum aspect.

These forums are sometimes very negative unfortunately and I don’t stay attached to the ones I had hoped were prepared to be positive for the long-term.

This forum is very different at this point in time, in my experience. We have an amazing vehicle being provided by an individual that shares our enthusiasm. We all share that, at least that is my assumption right now. And to make it even more interesting, we are all part of the global family that brought us together. Geographic’s mean nothing to me - we are all brothers and sisters.

As we go forward, I hope we all continue to get along. This forum is special, as it brings together a “Brotherhood/Sisterhood” that share the same common interest.

I am encouraged and hope we will all enjoy the same basic principal this vehicle was founded upon and openly share the experiences and lessons-learned, no matter how simplistic it may seem.

Mark
Great group of folks, I totally agree. I'm looking forward to us all getting our deliveries like the other parts of the globe - then this site goes on fire for the US crowd (like it has for the others) as we share all the tweaking and update ideas!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:21 PM
Reaction score
Some of you here I know were on the Australian Land Rover Owners (AULRO) group and this very much has the makings of being the same thing. A fabulous community that has the answer to everything and endless assistance.

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Gonna need a owners club, with monthly/quarterly magazine, and member index for cross continent drives. The Alfa Romeo Owners Club has a listing where each member can put what they are willing to do, aka:

GoneNative: Coffee, garage, tools, housing

Reactions: PBD

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Gonna need a owners club, with monthly/quarterly magazine, and member index for cross continent drives. The Alfa Romeo Owners Club has a listing where each member can put what they are willing to do, aka:

Are you part of the GRUNT? Check out @emax who runs it.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score

funny you should mention that...

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score

Mark
@Heater you summed things up about the original intentions of this site perfectly.

This hands down has to my my favorite thread to date (a close second is any thread about getting out there and taking the Grenadier somewhere into the hazy distance)

The community that has gravitated towards this vehicle seems to pick up from where the Series Rovers left off, and that quite frankly is amazing and what I'd secretly hoped for to be honest. In august 2021 deciding to go the independent route when so many communities are using Facebook and reddit was totally the right move, and with zero marketing and advertising here we are almost 2 years later.

People spend a lot of time on this site, senior management of a particular automotive manufacturer included and I'm sure a few other noteworthy individuals as well. The average is just over 50 minutes a day per user, there are just over 24k users with a total 3.3m views a month. considering that the Grenadier has only just started to be delivered in any real numbers and is still not on sale in many parts of the world yet these numbers are incredible.

@AnD3rew AULRO, The Lotus Forums, Overland Bound and Tacoma3G were the inspiration for this forum and hopefully we've cherry picked the best parts for the Grenadier. (incidentally Tyler that runs the Tacoma3G coded the low bandwidth interface for us for free so a shout out to Tyler for that)

In closing, all of this is down to the individuals that spend time here and put in the effort to help each other out and that's the secret sauce which makes this community special and I believe far better than anything elsewhere, thats why I'm happy to be a member.

Stu.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at social media I can't get over the amount of ignorant folk wanting the Grenadier to fail. This from people who don't one, probably can't afford one, and know very little about them. Just wasted my time with sarcastic comments to these critics on a YouTube post. Sadly the fu...wits concerned probably don't do irony.
I need to stop trying to defend my new purchase and simply enjoy the best kept secret. I'm all for criticism, as long as it is constructive criticism.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at social media I can't get over the amount of ignorant folk wanting the Grenadier to fail. This from people who don't one, probably can't afford one, and know very little about them. Just wasted my time with sarcastic comments to these critics on a YouTube post. Sadly the fu...wits concerned probably don't do irony.
I need to stop trying to defend my new purchase and simply enjoy the best kept secret. I'm all for criticism, as long as it is constructive criticism.
I agree - there are a few here - but they get called out pretty fast.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am always delighted that this forum exists. What I find most inspiring is that there is a very good discipline with regard to the contributions. The posts are mostly factual and questions are answered seriously.

As I will soon be getting a Sprinter, I am looking for a comparable international forum. Posts in German Sprinter or motorhome forums don't appeal to me at all.
As there are quite a few Grenadier and Sprinter drivers here in the forum, especially in the US, I'm asking you for a Sprinter forum of comparable quality. I would be delighted if we could exchange our experiences there too.
Stu_Barnes and anand Perhaps you are already involved in such a forum?

Reactions: PBD

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score

Mark
Damn right man!!

Back
Top Bottom