The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Theres Roof Guttering

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/qiDva4AbNJk

So nothing much more in this one other than clearly defined roof guttering and heated seat controls, a standard hitch receiver, and the rear valence looking to hang very low, although this could be to hide the mechanicals, which is what I'm leaning towards, the same for the front valence/skid plate.

One interesting thing is the graphic on the drivers and passenger side doors state that the vehicle is doing 4000Km off-road testing.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Nice find Stu. I think the rear skid is for the fuel tank which is aft of the rear axle. Since Magna Steyr designed it I am seeing so many similarities to the G Wagon. 
I agree I am not too chuffed about the front and rear clearance. The rear wheel wells looks like they’d take 33s (285/ 70R17) but the front might not. Just by eyeballing it. Looks like a 1.5-2” lift will be needed to help improve clearances and fit 33s in. That should help remedy a lot.Also is it me or does the ladder look too close to the body? Shoes might end up cracking that glass when climbing up. Maybe some spacers with longer bolts will solve that

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Solid axles will help with clearance too -- when a solid axle goes up, it lifts up the whole vehicle. IFS it just lifts the wheel. 

I might put a couple inches in mine but I'll probably thrash it a bit and see how it does.

Edit: Just thinking that I might add slightly larger tires to improve clearance before looking at suspension; I'm not sure what the aftermarket will provide early on and I'd only trust a lift from a reputable shop like ARB.

@Stu - thanks for the find on those gutters. I'll be curious if they rely on gutters for rack mounts or not - they claim you don't need a rack on the Gren but I think for the sake of longevity I don't want to be throwing things on an unprotected roof. 

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
RE: “Roof Guttering”, photos of prototypes on display with canoes, etc. on top appear to show use of rather standard ‘off-the-shelf’ crossbars clamped to the rain gutters that run along the edge of the roof.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
If they keep with that it would be great. I’ve had enough of propriety stuff

chaos

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
On some of the prototype videos, it looks like they were running one standard cross bar, probably a Thule for a light bar.  A gutter all around would be great for a rack and my roof top tent.  Although a cut away roof, with something like the Alu Cab camper conversions for the 70 Series Land Cruiser Troopy would be awesome.  

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=David Chao  chaos userid=8438678 postid=1328985090]On some of the prototype videos, it looks like they were running one standard cross bar, probably a Thule for a light bar.  A gutter all around would be great for a rack and my roof top tent.  Although a cut away roof, with something like the Alu Cab camper conversions for the 70 Series Land Cruiser Troopy would be awesome.  [/QUOTE]

The camper option would be epic. there already is the option for the safari panels at the front, so if someone like AluCab made a version with the hinge at the back that would be great, sort of like the Ursa Minor for Jeeps.

The hard part would be weather sealing to the existing roof structure.

https://ursaminorvehicles.com/campers/jeep-camper.html

chaos

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I love those Ursa Minor tops for the Jeeps.  Of course AluCab is the king.. There is a guy who makes them for 70/80/100 Series Land cruisers here in Colorado called Campteq.  You can choose to have your roof cut, so that you can enter from within vehicle, like the Ursa.  When the weather is great, I love sitting outside the vehicle, and under my awning when light rain.  But, this weekend I was out and it was super windy and just unpleasant outside.  This is a small feature and  I'm being silly but I love the ladder on the back of the Ineos.  I can just climb up the ladder and enter my tent.  The slowest part of the tent is attaching the ladder.   

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Alucab just posted a video of their first camper conversion for short wheelbase trucks with the 70 series wagon. They also mentioned that they will be introducing that conversion for other SWB trucks. So fingers ?

that being said they also said it will weigh 130kilos. Even if you deduct 50 kilos for removal of existing roof (generously) it’s a pretty heavy 80 kilo weight addition high up. Plus I’d be curious to see how they solve for the overhead panel on the Gren

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=David Chao  chaos userid=8438678 postid=1328990048]  This is a small feature and  I'm being silly but I love the ladder on the back of the Ineos.  I can just climb up the ladder and enter my tent.  The slowest part of the tent is attaching the ladder.   [/QUOTE]Vertical ladders are a pain , esp if it's raining and you go camping with a partner. Plus the Ineos one is very close to the window.A tent ladder needs to be angled + flat+/- padded steps or it gets pretty uncomfortable.That said I don't mind rugged and harsh, but only up to a point! Let's see Jim Ratliffe exit a roof tent via that tiny Ineos ladder, after a coupla beers and a coupla hours sleep!

chaos

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Great point about the vertical ladder!!  I do like the idea of padded steps, especially coming down bare footed.  I haven't actually used one so I think the idea is better than the implementation.  Thanks @Tazzieman!

Back
Top Bottom