The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Toot Sound

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:54 PM
Reaction score
You can of course configure how often the sound plays. ;-)

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
Bit disappointed, thought it would be more like the Tour de France horn sounds.....

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You could go for a swiss cow bell sound, that would be funky (although a cyclist might think they are about to be rear ended by a fast moving bovine).

The actual toot sounds like the standard horn but just activated in three short bursts.

I am sure there will be aftermarket hacks that take the original inspiration and produce a better end product.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It's not as loud as the standard sound and the count is configurable.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
In Germany one would say "Ferz!". Honestly, who needs something like that? Do you really think that today's cyclists are friendlier to us off-roaders because of it?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> Do you really think ...

I don't. But I am not at all thinking anything about the Toot. Just Speculations about how it's implemented.

BTW: In the 60ies, my father had a "Borgward Isabella". He had a built in (DIY) electromechanical "Fahrradklingel" (bicycle bell) for the same purpose ...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
BTW: In the 60ies, my father had a "Borgward Isabella". He had a built in (DIY) electromechanical "Fahrradklingel" (bicycle bell) for the same purpose ...
Friend of mind collects/hoards old cars. He semi promised me an early 60's IB that needed restoration. Then he suffered a big fire that completely melted the front 1/2 of the car. As they say "try and find another"...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In Germany one would say "Ferz!". Honestly, who needs something like that? Do you really think that today's cyclists are friendlier to us off-roaders because of it?
I do not care that much if the cyclists are friendly to me. It is more about beeing friendly to others.
I normally do not have to use a horn to communicate with cyclists. But I always wanted to have a more silent horn to wake someone up in a friendly way who doesn’t realised that the traffic lights turned green.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> who doesn’t realised that the traffic lights turned green.

Can't be loud enough in that case. ;-)

EDIT: typo

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do not care that much if the cyclists are friendly to me. It is more about beeing friendly to others.
I normally do not have to use a horn to communicate with cyclists. But I always wanted to have a more silent horn to wake someone up in a friendly way who doesn’t realised that the traffic lights turned green.
Then I have expressed myself wrongly. I meant, I don't think the modern, important, politically correct cyclist distinguishes between the two horn sounds. Anything moving on 4 wheels is annoying to them. Even when I am on the road with my Series IIa, it is predominantly the "old people" who rejoice, wave and smile. And I am more polite and courteous than most others.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you from "Hessen"?
I didn't even know if I spelled the word correctly. But Auntie Google proved me right, meaning "superfluous, extravagant nonsense".
But I don't want to badmouth the bugle. Others like it. No, I just found "Vera's God" ( at least that's what she always calls her disco mechanic) funny when he explains this expression. I will try it out, like many new things in this ever-changing world.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
"Ferz" is a hessian dialect variant of "Fürze": farts.

Advanced version: "Ferz mit Krigge": farts with crutches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom