The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos TFL Short on IG: Not worth it?

AWo

Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
I’m kind of in the industry AWo.
200,000 is a walk in the park for regular service vehicles here.
The things you are talking about show why “Right to repair” is such a big deal here.
I guess we’ll find out?
There should be some early vehicles surpassing 50k pretty soon.
Not that it would matter, other than a demonstration of my ability to accept abuse, but I was a factory trained FIAT mechanic in the 1970’s. I’ve worked on plenty of junkers.
Ok, when you were a FIAT technician I know why you're mentioning that bodies have become better.

Have you ever asked yourself why these were so bad? Follow the story of why the Russian city where Lada is build has an Italian name: Togliatti

AWo

Reactions: Max

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
Ok, when you were a FIAT technician I know why you're mentioning that bodies have become better.

Have you ever asked yourself why these were so bad? Follow the story of why the Russian city where Lada is build has an Italian name: Togliatti

AWo
Poor corrosion protection and even worse metallurgy.
They rotted in the brochure!
Now, we electroplate and/ or powder coat every body piece on NA vehicles.
Occasionally there will be a pocket prone to water collection and rust through, but that usually takes years in a corrosive environment. Like salted roads. Everything is built to drain, gets internally wax sprayed, and is expected to be rust free for 10 years.

The industry is huge. Millions per annum. There will be failures.
I look at statistical significance, though I know if a person drops a valve at 50,000 they view it differently.
I really want to see how the driveline fares dragging 7,000 lbs around.
That drive shaft failure is worrisome. It looked like excess torque for the connection

Reactions: Max

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
Modern cars are startlingly good. I drive probably 15 to 20 different cars a year as rentals when I travel, and very few of them have ever been so deficient that I wouldn’t own them. And most cars can last at least 10 years, it was just that the grenadier is an unknown quantity when it comes to longevity.

I haven't driven many rental cars. Maybe twenty total. I haven't driven a single example in the last twenty years I would own. Then again, if I got off a plane somewhere and the rental agency upgraded me to a Grenadier without having ever heard of it, I might not buy one either.

I tend to agree with @AWo here - that the average vehicle is aimed at getting to the end of the warranty, and maybe a little more, so it can be traded in for a new car. The 10 year mark is only a cursory nod by manufacturers to allow for dealerships to offload to the used car market without too much pain.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't driven many rental cars. Maybe twenty total. I haven't driven a single example in the last twenty years I would own.

I tend to agree with @AWo here - that the average vehicle is aimed at getting to the end of the warranty, and maybe a little more, so it can be traded in for a new car. The 10 year mark is only a cursory nod by manufacturers to allow for dealerships to offload to the used car market without too much pain.
Remember, the fastest car in the world is any rental car :ROFLMAO:

If there's any plus side to the IG, it is that Ineos does have an expected lifecycle for the vehicle, which is substantially beyond the included warranty

2wheelfish

Production/Transit
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think that is just an appetizer click bait giving the counter point for views. That I believe is TFLs own Grenadier that they will likely make a ton of videos of comparing it to the new defender that they also just purchased presumably specifically for this comparison. TFL is light on content and depth, but you got to hand it to them for buying these new vehicles to test and compare. I’m sure there’s more to come.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just reading above I knew there was no need to watch the video.

Cost is a tricky issue...how do we recoup the millions of dollars invested in an unknown quantity...well first, getting it right is a good start...then getting it out there...how much are people prepared to pay for this well-crafted vehicle...how far can we $push to make sales and recoup...having well researched every facet has put it in reach of those to whom they have brilliantly targeted...so whether you believe it or not you didn't find the car they found you, the person who planted the seed, thanks, Jim know you were out there, the enthused and aroused buyer...I have loved the whole trip so far and worth every penny...what are emotions worth?

I have attached a pic of Land Rover's centre steer prototype...good things start somewhere...happy motoring(y):ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Landrover10712748_717432368347517_6738204606728376618_n.jpg
    Landrover10712748_717432368347517_6738204606728376618_n.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t even bother watching. You cannot take anything TFl says seriously when they depend on, and seek, clicks/likes/subscribers. Social media BS…

Local time
Reaction score
Nice enough guys, TFL, but they are the worst off-road drivers....especially that dorky kid.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think that is just an appetizer click bait giving the counter point for views. That I believe is TFLs own Grenadier that they will likely make a ton of videos of comparing it to the new defender that they also just purchased presumably specifically for this comparison. TFL is light on content and depth, but you got to hand it to them for buying these new vehicles to test and compare. I’m sure there’s more to come.
Nailed it, in comments Tommy said they paid for it out of their own pockets. Dad really wanted on and I am interested to see what they do on the ranch.

Local time
Reaction score
I agree. This was a sad 39 second production. I like the TFL guys but this was very disappointing.
youtube creators are being pushed to do 'shorts' and about a year ago youtube monetized them to reinforce that. The claim is that shorts keep viewers on the channel for a longer period of time.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
youtube creators are being pushed to do 'shorts' and about a year ago youtube monetized them to reinforce that. The claim is that shorts keep viewers on the channel for a longer period of time.
Simply enhancing the push to embed ADHD in the average viewer! They wonder why people generally are developing short attention spans.... true story!!!

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

They are visual crack. That they are ‘bite-sized’ make it seem like they aren’t that time consuming. 45 minutes later… At least they have to get to the point- no begging for like and subs, or useless banter.

Back
Top Bottom