The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tesla Cybertruck

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:24 AM
Reaction score
Tell me this: How hot and glary will it be inside the CT cabin?
ct.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
The drag race against a 911 was hilarious (oh and the Cybertruck was towing a 911).

Anyone one here ordered one?

View: https://youtu.be/wqcu0j3Wsys?si=dRVPvrwgMsKMgGpp
I know Stu and I do a podcast and it will some day have video and be on YT. I must ask a favor of you all - if my image is used on the teaser thumbnail and I make a STUPID EFFING SHOCKER FACE like this dude and about 99% of the other clowns out there, someone please find me and beat me to a pulp.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Sorry Krabby, but Mat Watson is a very well respected journalist. I have met him and he is a first class member of the human race.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
Sorry Krabby, but Mat Watson is a very well respected journalist. I have met him and he is a first class member of the human race.
Sorry if I offended. I was simply referring to the ridiculous faces YT folks make. I can’t envision Walter Cronkite (a well respected journalist) doing the same.

Nevertheless, perhaps I’m just old and cranky.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Gotta admit, I actually don't mind the Cybertruck. Even though its the antithesis of a Grenadier; technology for everything, futuristic design dictates function etc.... I like the fact its not a cookie cutter ICE pickup with a battery instead of an engine.. like the F150 lightning.

An EV still wouldn't work for me, but I admire the effort and problem solving that went into bringing it to market.

Cybertruck and Grenadier are very different, but similar in the fact they have no business occupying the middle ground. They are the visions of successful entrepreneurs who knew what they wanted and made it happen, not listening to the doubters.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The drag race against a 911 was hilarious (oh and the Cybertruck was towing a 911).

Anyone one here ordered one?

View: https://youtu.be/wqcu0j3Wsys?si=dRVPvrwgMsKMgGpp

View: https://youtu.be/L6WDq0V5oBg?si=Wpfx34pkngY7WKKt
Thanks for posting these.
I probably wouldn't have watched them otherwise. Frankly I am in awe of the Tesla breakthroughs in materials science and production engineering... what a great time it must be for STEM grads especially in the U S!
The comparison with the Hummer was especially significant in terms of the battery "arms race" . A quick calc. indicates the Hummer battery pack could power the average household in Australia for a week!
It's a sobering thought in terms of infrastructure demands...
Sorry... off topic :rolleyes:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tell me this: How hot and glary will it be inside the CT cabin?
View attachment 7834562
Apropos comparison as Elon appears determined to match or exceed John DeLorean’s rather epic narrative arc/fall from grace.

Giugiaro was really a genius though. Timeless design.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
At least the DeLorean still has style.

Agree 100%. The CT looks absolutely dated already. I'm not sure why. I've never paid any attention to it so I dunno. Maybe seen a picture once or twice before. The steering system is a scary thought, too.

Of course it's all part of the new horsepower wars. Not my thing but they'll sell a ton of them. :rolleyes:

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As ridiculous as the Cybertruck is, many of the new technologies bode well for the next generation of EVs. In particular the increased battery cells from 1865 to much higher energy density 4680s. Plus 800V high voltage and 48V low voltage systems. Electric four wheel steer-by-wire is also genius. I may not want a Cybertruck, but I will probably want what comes next.

Use standard old school buttons instead of everything being screen based, revert to a mechanical handbrake, door latches and seats etc. and and use 4x in-hub motors and you have the makings of an unbeatable off-roader. Finally, stop trying to make it do 0-100kph in 2 seconds and prioritise range over speed.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Saw my first one in Bellevue Washington, all I can say it looks big but also feels 2D. Their is no definition to the body. You feel you are watching a video game.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I dig both the Grenadier and Cybertruck because they both question assumptions about what an SUV or truck should be in 2023, rather than safely copying the perfectly reliable and boring and inbred thinking of FordGMCToyotaRAM.

The Grenadier pulls sensible ideas from the past that the mainstream forgot. And the Cybertruck is a great sketch of what a futuristic truck might be. And even if it's ahead of its time I bet the FordGMCToyotaRAM engineers are watching very carefully and taking notes and will cherrypick the things Tesla did right. Public R&D and an experiment for the world to watch. (y)

Back
Top Bottom