The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Taking Magna Steyrs finest to its intended habitat

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Went wild camping this past weekend for five days in Death Valley with a bunch of my mates. Did Lookout City, Defense Mine and Darwin Falls.
The desert is amazing. The silence and calmness is just perfect and the night sky. It’s stunning. You can see Jupiter, Venus, Pleiades, Big Dipper, Milky Way and so much more with naked eyes
In the 5 days we were there we saw the temperature move from 95F to 26F and winds up to 70 mph. Just amazing how the nature swings.

We also went cave exploring. Borash, Talc, Iron, etc. mines.

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
Gorgeous.  I miss the Mojave and Sonora deserts.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
That looks awesome mate! As does the G ? 

Would love to do more exploring in the USA, you've got such a varied selection of terrain and climate there, its truly a beautiful place 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Moved.

@Paachi this deserves its own section on the forum.

I can't wait to get out to Death Valley. 

Local time
Reaction score
Great pictures.  Sounds like an adventure.  The winds are really something out West.  About 4:00 on the rim of the badlands, we had 40mph gusts for an hour, then it just died off - an interesting wakeup in the RTT.  

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
JTChef67 said:
Great pictures.  Sounds like an adventure.  The winds are really something out West.  About 4:00 on the rim of the badlands, we had 40mph gusts for an hour, then it just died off - an interesting wakeup in the RTT.   

Can you tell us more about this trailer? I'm thinking I may want to build a similar rig, rather than buy. But would like to know more about yours. Thanks. 

Local time
Reaction score
@grenadierguy

It's a 2020 SCHUTT INDUSTRIES XV-2.  They can be optioned many ways.  The base trailer is an all-aluminum box frame that is assembled with "huck-bolts", which I didn't know what they were until I dug into their website.  Schutt uses their current spec. M101 military utility trailer base for the XV-2 and is ready to be dropped from a C130.  No welds means that the trailer is free to "flex" a bit and won't succumb to stress fracturing - aluminum is light and the whole of the trailer us under 1400lbs fully loaded w/water and propane - it trails very nicely and with electric brakes, barely noticeable behind my FJ until you hit the mountains.  Torsion bar axle, 360 deg. articulated hitch, heavy duty LoadStar tires and LineX bed is standard.  It is robust in every way and can serve as a 2000lb payload utility trailer as well - I routinely haul my Honda Foreman and gear for hunting w/o issue.  Gas, water and electric system components are top-drawer and easy to operate.  We optioned ours pretty heavily and it wasn't inexpensive (right at $26K taxed and delivered).  I calculated time and talent to put it all together would have exceeded our wait time and the final price by far.  Very happy to fully-recommend and Tim Kenfield at Schutt was/has been amazing to deal with before and after purchase.

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
@JTChef67 thanks I'm going to check them out. My wife and I are currently looking at trailers. I think we are leaning more towards a Taxa Tiger Moth or Bean Trailer right now.

Local time
Reaction score
Taxa look like well thought out and well built vehicles.  I looked at those for the indoor sleeping option.  There is a very wide range of choices that are each specialized in their own ways.  I really would like to the Overland East or West show to get a deeper view into what's out there.  COVID lockdown purchase the XV-2 sight-unseen and from internet searches was a big scary step.  Best of luck in your journey - hope we can have them hooked up to Grenadiers sooner than later!

Back
Top Bottom