The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Switzerland: Price comparison to other countries

Local time
5:16 AM
Reaction score
I know, it's not a precise and holistic comparison. Nevertheless, I was curious how bad the famous "Swiss Premium" would be regarding the Grenadier. Therefore, I have collected the prices for the standard Trialmaster model (no extras) from various countries and calculated the prices in USD, using today's conversion rates as suggested by Google.

Here we go (countries sorted from highest to lowest USD price):

Not a huge surprise to see the Swiss prices yet again on "top", as most manufacturers add the famous "Swiss Premium" to their product prices. However, I was a bit surprised about the magnitude, looking at the range.

As for USA and Canada, I couldn't find the prices on the respective Ineos Grenadier websites. I'm curious what the  prices will be.

Attachments

• Grenadier_Price_Comparison.png
    Grenadier_Price_Comparison.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 39

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
Parallaxe-

Are you sure that the numbers in the column "price" are all "apples"?

Local time
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure. I took the base prices for the "Trialmaster" station wagon from each country/website. The only thing where you might be right, is the possibility that different countries have different configurations for "Trialmaster". Good point, I guess I would have to check that.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
You're doing great work here! Thank you. :)

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, @emax ??

@grenadierboy : I have compared the Trialmaster configuration from Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand. They are all the same, with one exception:

Australia and New Zealand don't have the "Rear View Camera" listed in the Trialmaster configuration.
Instead they have the "Class III 1-7/8" NAS Tow Hitch and Electrics", which the other countries don't have in the Trialmaster configuration.

Yep, it's a difference, but I don't believe it changes the list dramatically. But you made a valid point.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Parallxe - great work. 

There certainly is a Swiss premium but all the Euro jurisdictions are fairly close.

There does however seem to be a material price difference to Australia & NZ prices. 

Converting the Australian base Trialmaster price to Euro (at current exchange rates) results in a Euro price of 64,750 - about 10% cheaper.

I think the price of a base Trialmaster in South Africa is almost USD 100,000 !!

Local time
Reaction score
Wow, you're right, @grenadierboy, the South African Trialmaster costs a FORTUNE! Indeed, almost USD 100,000 !OK, I guess I'll have to stop complaining about our beloved "Swiss Premium". That's nothing compared to the "South African Premium".

IG Pop

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Parallaxe userid=8975766 postid=1332796068]Wow, you're right, @grenadierboy, the South African Trialmaster costs a FORTUNE! Indeed, almost USD 100,000 !OK, I guess I'll have to stop complaining about our beloved "Swiss Premium". That's nothing compared to the "South African Premium".[/QUOTE]

It’s also apples and pears as you might have additional further taxes/duties and delivery charge…
A peach in CH might be the premium of 1200 CHF for the petrol version on top of the diesel version price (tbc)

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @Parallaxe,
thanks for the overview. Not sure how much I really want to know the details here. Not knowing might be less painfull…

The other aspect that @IG Pop referred to: Swiss distributor Hedin confirmed website price includes co2 emission tax. If that is indeed the case this explains part of the delta. 

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Parallaxe userid=8975766 postid=1332795678]Thanks, @emax ??

@grenadierboy : I have compared the Trialmaster configuration from Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand. They are all the same, with one exception:

Australia and New Zealand don't have the "Rear View Camera" listed in the Trialmaster configuration.
Instead they have the "Class III 1-7/8" NAS Tow Hitch and Electrics", which the other countries don't have in the Trialmaster configuration.

Yep, it's a difference, but I don't believe it changes the list dramatically. But you made a valid point.[/QUOTE]

Might be worth noting that the Australian Trialmaster retains the Rear View Camera despite the change in the list mentioned above.

Presumably that Australian pricing is targeting those sweet Resources fleet sales. Many mine-spec vehicles have a short, hard life.

Ferrugenfish

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
So basically the IG is on par with, and slightly more expensive than a Ford Bronco Raptor, which is an extremely capable vehicle with improved robustness and max towing over the base Bronco (while still less towing max than the IG).  I also noticed that the warrantee seems better on the IG.  That difference in warantee might be negated by the slightly lower sticker price of the Raptor (ie. you can afford to fix issues in years 4 and 5 of ownership cause you saved several thousand dollars upon purchase). Gosh... lots to consider. 

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Ferrugenfish userid=9004165 postid=1332818082]So basically the IG is on par with, and slightly more expensive than a Ford Bronco Raptor, which is an extremely capable vehicle with improved robustness and max towing over the base Bronco (while still less towing max than the IG).  I also noticed that the warrantee seems better on the IG.  That difference in warantee might be negated by the slightly lower sticker price of the Raptor (ie. you can afford to fix issues in years 4 and 5 of ownership cause you saved several thousand dollars upon purchase). Gosh... lots to consider. [/QUOTE]

2,050KG is a lot lot less than the IG - so clearly heavy duty towing is not a key feature of the Bronco Raptor

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Parallaxe userid=8975766 postid=1332795678]Thanks, @emax ??

Yep, it's a difference, but I don't believe it changes the list dramatically. But you made a valid point.[/QUOTE]
Rear view camera is compulsory in Australia 

Ferrugenfish

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332819845]

2,050KG is a lot lot less than the IG - so clearly heavy duty towing is not a key feature of the Bronco Raptor[/QUOTE]

Oh whoa, I must have seen the wrong stats then.  Yes, 2000kg is definitely a good difference. The difference between a really small trailer and a medium trailer (camper).  Raptor has significantly more hp and torque...  at least compared to the gasser version of IG available to me in the U.S. in 2023, but the suspension can't handle what the IG can.  

Back
Top Bottom