The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Strange vibration/rattle

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Thank you for figuring this out! Yes, mine has some rub to the casing but it has not broken through yet.
I found the same issue, and it seems to solve the rattle. Here are two pics... one before with it just about touching the drive shaft (which it was but I moved it just a bit to test), and then the second one where I pulled it away from the drive shaft. You'll see that there is a floating clip that has come undone. I don't know where it connects? Moving it away from the drive shaft solves the rattle issue.
Cable Touching.jpg

PXL_20240417_224018813.jpgHoping I can make this make sense. I have circled in red the clip hanging by itself on the cable and then where it should be attached. If you look at your second picture u can see the post that is broken. The other picture on this post is mine and showing intact.

khmarks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
I was watching a video on YouTube today by Dirtbox Overland. In their second video he was going over the underside of the Grenadier and pointed out two lines, one of which is the line that was rubbing the drive shaft, he stated they were transmission cooler lines. That could be even worse if there is constant wearing and the line burst.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:32 PM
Reaction score
I confirm that the vibration was due to the transfer case cable touching the front drive shaft.
Now I can't understand why that noise was only heard during compression on certain bumps taken at medium-high speed. because by compressing the suspension the front shaft rose and touched the cable.

since to look for the solution [later found here on the forum] I examined the whole machine I found two or three other things to fix:

Attachments

• tempImage0VweM1.jpg
    tempImage0VweM1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • tempImageT1xg2U.jpg
    tempImageT1xg2U.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • tempImagegSbs8T.jpg
    tempImagegSbs8T.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 42
  • tempImagetwGrVE.jpg
    tempImagetwGrVE.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • tempImageLiAWmb.jpg
    tempImageLiAWmb.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
  • tempImageTALGU5.jpg
    tempImageTALGU5.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36

khmarks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
Your post is helpful. Regarding the transfer case cable, that was the problem with the rattles that I was experiencing. I purchased a heavy duty quarter inch wire tie that is for automotive use, and made a hole in the same location that you show. It appears to be a reasonably permanent solution. I also used one of those ties further up the cable towards the engine where the factory had installed a rather light weight tie... I put the new one in place to reinforce and provide some additional strength.

Back
Top Bottom