The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Standing on the Wings?

Local time
10:51 PM
Reaction score
Will the wings be strong enough to stand on?  I'm wondering if the Chequer plate accessory is more than just looks and gives a gipping surface for being able to stand on them?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
I was thinking about this as well. Also if the bonnet/hood is beefy enough for a second spare.

d1rty

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
ROW is getting flying versions?  Holy Crap!

I keed.  I keed.

Local time
10:51 PM
Reaction score
Had not thought of this, but I wonder if the wings are big enough to hold the shovel, pick, and axe like the old defender. 

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
Yes i've heard the wings are reinforced, and meant for supporting weight. unlike the New Defender and its tacky plastic bits lol

Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
Would the bonnet have to be reinforced then? Like Mercedes G300 Professional, requires an option for a 'walk on' bonnet. Would love if its possible else I don't mind getting an aftermarket. 

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
I dont know how much standing on then would be possible. Apparently they are designed with a deformable sub structure underneath to aid with pedestrian crash protection..thats the only way the square look could be achieved. Maybe the checker plates will help distribute the weight and aid standing up. Also, arent the wings Aluminum instead of steel?

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-driven/ineos-grenadier-prototype--ph-review/45351

"But the need to satisfy modern safety standards means that the underbody structure is far more elaborate, a point made by the intricate shape of the secondary metalwork that sits beneath the familiar square-topped front wings to give them the deformation necessary for pedestrian impact standards."

Back
Top Bottom