The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

South Australian Test drive

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:04 PM
Reaction score
Just before Christmas I went up to Sanders Gorge 4WD Park and had a great experience in the production Test vehicle 47.
The drive went for about half an hour and I was able to put it through rough ups and downs, including very steep straggly escarpments.
The vehicle drove really well and I was struck by how comfortable and stable the drive was. The low transfer was smooth, although my D2 lets me run a bit when changing and the Grenadier does certainly not.
I had no issue with the "ramp" on the left of the footwell people are complaining about (I have long legs) and it is straighter than my Defender body position!
The roof rack is a big selling point for me, although I see a hinged ladder extension coming up as quite a gap to the ground.
My price is holding as is my delivery and I am trying not to get too excited. But my experience to date has been very positive and the local rep Paul Harvey has been very good.cfs2 022.JPG

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:04 PM
Reaction score
So, Just got this email from Ineos today as my date went back
We’re experiencing one of the toughest supply chains in recent memory. So, I don’t think it’s a shock to most of you that building the Grenadier in this environment was always going to be challenging.

But, while we’ve been systematically working through the challenges with some success, we haven’t done a great job of keeping you, our prized customer, up-to-date.

In some cases, it’s been difficult to be as precise as we’d all like, because we don’t want to keep over-promising and under-delivering. But there’s good news coming out of Hambach. We have vehicles on their way to retailers and customers, and our ramp-up will improve further over the coming weeks. We’re working extremely hard to ship vehicles out of France to you, and doing everything possible to bring forward delivery dates.

But we understand that each of our customers is in a unique situation, which makes it difficult to give you the detail you require in a group email.

So, we’ll work over the coming weeks to be a bit more tailored and personal in our communications, with the help of our partners, and give you the best updates we can.

As I said last month, we’re genuinely on the cusp of delivering your Grenadier. And please believe me that I’m just as impatient to see Grenadiers out on the road, and to get your feedback. I’m sincerely sorry for the wait.

And, in the meantime, here’s as much detail as we can give you, in the form of answers to the big questions we’re getting asked right now.

Lynn Calder,
CEO, INEOS Automotive

and it goes on
Q1. What is the likely vehicle delivery schedule at the moment?In the next two weeks, we’ll deliver 150 vehicles to our retail partners, with customer deliveries following immediately after. We continue to refine our quality processes and timings with manufacturing, which is why we’re not providing a precise delivery date in your contract.

Q2. What’s causing the delay for my handover? I hear there are quality issues.

There are no quality issues. On the contrary, launch series vehicles are exceeding our expectations. There is a build-up of finished vehicles at the end of the line, due to a delay in the supply of a few parts, and due to a software update delay. We’re resolving these now, so we can clear the first vehicles and get them delivered to our retail partners. Right now, we want to ensure each Grenadier – and every component – meets our quality standards. To do that, we’re putting each vehicle through an ‘overcheck’ procedure at the end of the line. That’s slowed our progress, but we’re getting back on track as quickly as we can.
Anyone else get one?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
So, Just got this email from Ineos today as my date went back
We’re experiencing one of the toughest supply chains in recent memory. So, I don’t think it’s a shock to most of you that building the Grenadier in this environment was always going to be challenging.

But, while we’ve been systematically working through the challenges with some success, we haven’t done a great job of keeping you, our prized customer, up-to-date.

In some cases, it’s been difficult to be as precise as we’d all like, because we don’t want to keep over-promising and under-delivering. But there’s good news coming out of Hambach. We have vehicles on their way to retailers and customers, and our ramp-up will improve further over the coming weeks. We’re working extremely hard to ship vehicles out of France to you, and doing everything possible to bring forward delivery dates.

But we understand that each of our customers is in a unique situation, which makes it difficult to give you the detail you require in a group email.

So, we’ll work over the coming weeks to be a bit more tailored and personal in our communications, with the help of our partners, and give you the best updates we can.

As I said last month, we’re genuinely on the cusp of delivering your Grenadier. And please believe me that I’m just as impatient to see Grenadiers out on the road, and to get your feedback. I’m sincerely sorry for the wait.

And, in the meantime, here’s as much detail as we can give you, in the form of answers to the big questions we’re getting asked right now.

Lynn Calder,
CEO, INEOS Automotive

and it goes on
Q1. What is the likely vehicle delivery schedule at the moment?In the next two weeks, we’ll deliver 150 vehicles to our retail partners, with customer deliveries following immediately after. We continue to refine our quality processes and timings with manufacturing, which is why we’re not providing a precise delivery date in your contract.

Q2. What’s causing the delay for my handover? I hear there are quality issues.

There are no quality issues. On the contrary, launch series vehicles are exceeding our expectations. There is a build-up of finished vehicles at the end of the line, due to a delay in the supply of a few parts, and due to a software update delay. We’re resolving these now, so we can clear the first vehicles and get them delivered to our retail partners. Right now, we want to ensure each Grenadier – and every component – meets our quality standards. To do that, we’re putting each vehicle through an ‘overcheck’ procedure at the end of the line. That’s slowed our progress, but we’re getting back on track as quickly as we can.
Anyone else get one?
Hi TopCat
check out the thread "New Ineos Email (March 28)" ....all will be revealed ;)

Back
Top Bottom