The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So this is what the Safari windows are for.

Shroomy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Took the family on a weekend camping trip to Glen Rose TX this last weekend and figured out how to best use the Safari windows. The kids had a blast feeding all the animals at Fossil Rim especially the Giraffes. My wife couldn't stop laughing hysterically when they started popping their heads through the Safari window openings.
IMG_6289.jpgIMG_6250.jpgIMG_6256.jpgIMG_6264.jpgIMG_6260.jpgIMG_6265.jpgIMG_9776.JPEG

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
We've been there once and I actually thought about that when I first saw the safari windows and that they were removable! Good job! :love:

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
Took the family on a weekend camping trip to Glen Rose TX this last weekend and figured out how to best use the Safari windows. The kids had a blast feeding all the animals at Fossil Rim especially the Giraffes. My wife couldn't stop laughing hysterically when they started popping their heads through the Safari window openings.
View attachment 7857512View attachment 7857515View attachment 7857516View attachment 7857517View attachment 7857518View attachment 7857519View attachment 7857521
These pictures are GOLD ;-)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7857512View attachment 7857515View attachment 7857516View attachment 7857517View attachment 7857518View attachment 7857519View attachment 7857521
Photos of the month, and year, magic🦒🦒

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:25 AM
Reaction score
They're gentle giants.

A grumpy old elephant can be very different ...

aparise

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sweet.

Now listen to the comedian Jim Bruer on what happened when he went on a Safari in New Jersey. lol
Link for the lazy:
View: https://youtu.be/LjKFBVsuNu4?si=_Bn7xae917nGFXhI

I grew up down the street from here and spent many summers here. Everything he says about it is true! The baboons used to destroy cars driving through. (In hindsight it's totally not animal friendly, but...) They used to love getting bubble gum tossed at them with the paper wrapper still on, and they'd aggressively unwrap them, toss the wrapper aside and vigorously chew it. Great family fun!

The animals are (unfortunately) all locked up now and you have to take the guided tour from the main park where you aren't allowed to drive through yourself. However, for the offroaders, there is a trail that goes right behind the animal cages that you can fit a jeep (and probably a grenadier, if you like pinstripes). There's a bit of info on this trail here: https://www.onxmaps.com/offroad/trails/us/new-jersey/two-towers-loop

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
This is quite funny and impressive at the same time... as I thought reading this post someone was going to show me a water leak into the vehicle via safari roof!!!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We used to take our sons to the Great Adventure (NJ) safari drive through in our D1. The baboon section was always great fun - they were master mechanics and would pull the most amazing things off surrounding vehicles! They never bothered the D1 other then climbing up on the roof rack and leaving greasy handprints.

When I was a kid NJ also had Jungle Habitat - a free roam safari park, so even the lions could climb up on your vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom