The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your newest toy!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 AM
Reaction score
My sort of newest toy, although it’s been rotting away in one of my toolboxes in the shed for over twenty years.
I began searching for it in the hope that it would be the right tool for crimping the wires and pins on the external Deutsch auxiliary plugs.
Turns out it’s exactly the right tool and crimps to 12AWG (the correct setting for our pins).
So after soaking it in WD40, scrubbing it and blowing it out with an airline, I crimped my first set of pins for my amber warning light that’s required on some of the places I visit.
Saved £50 by not hitting the Buy it Now button on what’s probably a cheap Chinese version.

My wife tells me I’m sad. But I’m happy, and smell of WD40!
Great tool! I prefer old tools and avoid tools offered cheaply.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
IMG_20221105_134904_447.jpg

Had it for a few months now and it's a little rough around the edges, but sure is fun to drive!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
Wish list from Red just arrived.

30m extension line and an extra long soft shackle that can act as a secondary attachment should your first fail. The 6m tow strap I'll use as a bridle for front and rear though a little short ideally for the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_9833.jpeg
    IMG_9833.jpeg
    383.7 KB · Views: 113

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
Work in progress, should be ready by end of the summer to use for the good winter months ahead here.
Currently fitting:
- renogy inverter
- water filter
- quick pitch water heater
- 10w worklights around the body
- brake controller
- Anderson and 7 pin euro connection
- custom rooftop basket for
- softshell overland RTT
- companion 60L fridge
The trailer is made by icon auto in dubai
They have 2 models they build the Ajax and the voyager, the one I purchased was an Ajax.
Www.icon-auto.com

Will post the completed build by September hopefully!
been a while but thought I’d report back finally got all of the items on my list fitted plus a 2m 270degree iron man awning and alu cab shower cube.
will share some off grid photos once I get a chance to test it out in the next couple weeks !

Attachments

• IMG_6891.jpeg
    IMG_6891.jpeg
    223.1 KB · Views: 81

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
Yes, Set Compact Zyklop Speed 1/4“

Our Tool Division have it (all kind of tools) and since that month we can buy for „employee condition“, thanks god „only“ for 3000€ a year😂

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You can if you put the ratchet strap around and proper tyre soap as per previous post ( the tyre soap makes a huge difference) . My compressor is max 160l /minute and have changed a few tyres using it👍🏼. I’d like an ARB compressor but pricey View attachment 7800058
If you take off the baseplate and the mounting brackets it will fit underneath the seats.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You can if you put the ratchet strap around and proper tyre soap as per previous post (the tyre soap makes a huge difference)
You can achieve a lot with a lot of “ifs”. But even then there is no guarantee that it will work.

Putting a tire back on the bead is not something you normally do if the tire is in reasonably good condition. I couldn't do it with a 240 l/min device, nor with tire soap.

Finally I went to my tire shop, which has an air tank with a capacity of several hundred liters at 12 bar and really massive air hoses (for tractors and the like). He told me that even with his equipment, if the tire is too warped, there is a good chance of unsuccessfully emptying the tank.

He usually does it with a sudden shock wave, which is hardly possible with a 12V mobile compressorlet - be it an ARB or not.

Last edited:

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
I was fortunate that I had an engine-driven air compressor (a modified York a/c compressor) fitted to my NAS D90. I also had a 5 gallon air tank and a manifold for using air tools and a filtered air supply for tires and my McNamara Lockers. The compressor was controlled by a single switch on the dash and pressure-activated relays that switched it on when the tank pressure dropped to 90 psi, and off when it reached 160psi.
Now, I had to get an air supply for the Grenadier. I do not expect to be needing it quite as much as I did with the D90, as I have e-lockers and a battery powered impact wrench to aid tire changing, so will only need air for airing up and down.
I looked at the ARB "Twin" which is tasty, but expensive and for the smaller tires on the Grenadier, may be overkill. Thought about the smaller ARB, but I went "cheap" and bought a Viair 400p that should do the job. And for airing down/up I bought the excellent 2-tire IndeFlate, which is more practical than the 4-tire, as you usually have different pressure front and rear. (BTW: The IndeFlate is the original, made with precision in S Africa. The Morrflate is a Chinese knock-off......)
One wrinkle that frustrated me is that the Viair air outlet is Male! And their hose/inflator has a female connection. Maybe they want to ensure people use their hose?
Anyway, As I have an excellent gauge on the IndeFlate, I won't be using their hose, so got my own and made up a valve/chuck to attach to the IndeFlate for airing up. Of course, as I have to fit the standard hose "backwards" this connection had to include a ball valve. Duh!
The picture shows the Viair compressor and hose on the right, and the InDeflate, my hose and valve/locking chuck on the left

Attachments

• PXL_20231111_144250999.jpg
    PXL_20231111_144250999.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 32

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I printed one of these today. Mine's orange, but I don't have a photo of it. ETA: It's a keyring holder for an AirTag. It only took 11 minutes. Ender-3 V3 SE. PLA+. I have my third attempt at @chrsbe center console tray printing now. I keep getting X-Y shifts and stringing. I figured out that you have to enable printing supports or it actually tries to print in mid air. That doesn't turn out too well. I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's fun learning new things.

medium_preview_AT1_Key.jpg

Last edited:

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, and my Chinese knock-off Morrflate four-way inflator hoses came yesterday. The Chinese knock-off 10-6 Pro compressor is backordered until the first week of December. Must be a lot of demand. Or maybe suppry chain issues. They have gotten great reviews on Youtube, so may not be all bad. We'll see.

I just couldn't stomach another $1000 for the ARB suitcase nuke inflator setup I wanted on top of the (also received yesterday) MaxTrax MKII recovery boards with leashes and Factor55 soft shackles and tow receiver shackle mount. Also recently got a Saber winch shackle, soft shackle and F55 spindle, a CTEK 250SE, 2 solar panels, a Renogy 2000W pure sine invertor, Ender-3 3d printer setup, Midland MTX575 GMRS Radio / antenna / fold away mount bundle, AAWireless Android Auto adapter, Deutsch DTP kit / pins / crimps, etc. I have ordered the Eibach lift kit and will get BFG 295/70r17 KO2s as soon as I get the Grenadier, if my dealer doesn't get them on for me before delivery.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I couldn't resist. I bought the bag for €10. Actually only because of the interesting clasp.
The seller told me the following about the story:
"Comes from a family member, so first hand, who likes Grace Kelly and Jackie Kennedy. A French woman from northern France who is a teacher and did her traineeship in Strasbourg in the 1960s. She later emigrated to Germany for love.
In the 60s, bags were predominantly box-shaped and square. Increasingly, designers discovered different metals for their bag designs - unusual embossing and unusual fastenings or plastic handles were particularly popular."

So if any of you see me with this ladies handbag, know that my Grenadier is nearby and I'm looking out for him and guarding him. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• IMG_3398.jpg
    IMG_3398.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 41

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I couldn't resist. I bought the bag for €10. Actually only because of the interesting clasp.
"Comes from a family member, so first hand, who likes Grace Kelly and Jackie Kennedy. A French woman from northern France who is a teacher and did her traineeship in Strasbourg in the 1960s. She later emigrated to Germany for love.
In the 60s, bags were predominantly box-shaped and square. Increasingly, designers discovered different metals for their bag designs - unusual embossing and unusual fastenings or plastic handles were particularly popular."

So if any of you see me with this ladies handbag, know that my Grenadier is nearby and I'm looking out for him and guarding him. :ROFLMAO:
That's a neat story.
Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Love it. Very cool clasp too.

Christian

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Before, my roof rack with roof tent was hanging under the ceiling in the garage. With it I could just get out of the garage with my Touareg.

Now the Grenadier just fits into the garage on its own. (Fortunately! 🥳)

I also bought a used hand forklift to mount the roof rack. A lift of 2.55m should be enough.
(Belive me, Getting the 350kg off the trailer without help was really exhausting 😅)

Attachments

• 20231230_190158.jpg
    20231230_190158.jpg
    704.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240113_101832.jpg
    20240113_101832.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 38
  • 20240208_142056.jpg
    20240208_142056.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 37

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Before, my roof rack with roof tent was hanging under the ceiling in the garage. With it I could just get out of the garage with my Touareg.

Now the Grenadier just fits into the garage on its own. (Fortunately! 🥳)

I also bought a used hand forklift to mount the roof rack. A lift of 2.55m should be enough.
(Belive me, Getting the 350kg off the trailer without help was really exhausting 😅)
That is a lot of weight to shift around, good solution 👍

Presume the forklift fits in the garage 😀

Back
Top Bottom