The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seeing the Grenadier on June 8th

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm seeing the Grenadier in person on June 8th in Calgary.

Any requests for specific photos or questions?

Requests so far (Note: I'm cross-posting this at Expedition Portal; some on this list are from that community but I will cross-post my report to both groups.

1. Headroom for 6'+ in the front seat.2. Seat motion for shorter drivers.3. How flat do the rear seats fold4. Me eating a large donut...This one is a little weird but I do what I can for this community!5. Can someone 6' tall sleep inside?6. How's the interior feel "fully loaded" with humans, including rear bench seat.7. Why are the gullwing doors no longer an option and will they be revisted?8. Plans on the 5-door Utility Trim in Canada/USA9. What are the specific differences between Utility and Belstaff rear seat configurations.10. How good is the stereo

11. Construction of Centre Console (Can you open it with a screwdriver)

12. Wheel PCD & Offset - what is it, and is it changing?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:37 PM
Reaction score
Could you ask them why the Gullwing Windows are no longer an option and do they intend to revisit them? Have fun

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
If they offer the 5-seat base model 'Utility' SW out there, it would be good to know exactly how it affects the rear bench seat configuration compared to the Belstaff models e.g. how much leg room is lost by its 'forward' position, how much more upright is it, does it still fold?

Oh, and how good is the stereo, am I going to blow the speakers if I crank AC/DC up to 11 ?

Cheers!

equismorio

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Yes.  Red Ladder.  Thanks much!

Can you also check if the Silver Silver color is light silver or more between silver and gray.  Sterling silver is supposed to be darker...

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Consider all these done, folks. I'll keep a running list in my first post.

PT70

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
If possible  photos of:
The inside of the lockable stowage box
The inside the glove box
Underneath the rear seats

Thanks

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
These pictures might help you:

Attachments

• IMG_4607.jpg
    IMG_4607.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4608.jpg
    IMG_4608.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Mittelkonsole.jpg
    Mittelkonsole.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 98

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Mr. Trunks,

Another technical query to resolve: It would be good to confirm the wheel PCD and offset so that we can gauge what aftermarket options will be available. I'm pretty sure I've read that the PCD is 6x130mm in which case it's quite unusual. The only common vehicles in Europe with the same PCD are Mercedes and VW commercial vans so 4x4 rims with this PCD are pretty scarce.

I see Rhino Rims offer several light truck rims with a 6x130 pattern so maybe you'll do better in North America.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
From Au FB site - comment by Ineos rep:

The offset is 55mm positive. Hub PDC is 130 & hub threads are 6 x M14x1.5.  Bore is 84mm.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=ChasingOurTrunks userid=8372318 postid=1332737774]Consider all these done, folks. I'll keep a running list in my first post.[/QUOTE]

I’m also curious about the locking center console. Is it a steel safe? Ford provides a steel safe as an option, but most manufacturers do not - instead, they offer a lockable plastic box that can be popped open with a heavy screwdriver. Thanks in advance if you get a chance to check this out!

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Great question Stickshifter, added it to the list!

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=Mark Evans  grenadierboy userid=8954799 postid=1332740385]Do you have a really good camera?[/QUOTE]

I was planning on using my iPhone 13 Pro, which has a very good camera in my opinion; it's quality of photos are at least as good as my DLSR (In other words, my skills as the photographer are sufficiently poor the limiting factor is not the quality that the iPhone or Nikon can produce! ?). I will have both cameras though and a separate light for any nooks and crannies that need more illumination.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=G-Man userid=8989993 postid=1332742412]Hi Mr. Trunks,

Another technical query to resolve: It would be good to confirm the wheel PCD and offset so that we can gauge what aftermarket options will be available. I'm pretty sure I've read that the PCD is 6x130mm in which case it's quite unusual. The only common vehicles in Europe with the same PCD are Mercedes and VW commercial vans so 4x4 rims with this PCD are pretty scarce.

I see Rhino Rims offer several light truck rims with a 6x130 pattern so maybe you'll do better in North America.[/QUOTE]

I'll see what I can find out! Thanks to @Tire Kicker for that info as validation (I presume the ineos reps on FB knows what they are talking about but just in case any aspect of the design has changed it'll be good to get confirmation)

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=ChasingOurTrunks userid=8372318 postid=1332747002]Great question Stickshifter, added it to the list![/QUOTE]

Thanks Mr. Trunks! 

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
[QUOTE username=ChasingOurTrunks userid=8372318 postid=1332747014]

I was planning on using my iPhone 13 Pro, which has a very good camera in my opinion; it's quality of photos are at least as good as my DLSR (In other words, my skills as the photographer are sufficiently poor the limiting factor is not the quality that the iPhone or Nikon can produce! ?). I will have both cameras though and a separate light for any nooks and crannies that need more illumination.[/QUOTE]

My wife has the same phone. The camera is incredible! We don’t carry a camera anymore - just her phone. 

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. The triple cameras in the 13 series are so good that I have trimmed my overall photographic setup to the iPhone plus a Ricoh GR3 (for those dedicated artsy landscape and street pictures which I print)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I have been a Nikonian ever since. F4, F5, D700 and others. These are hard to replace, but hard to carry as well: 10 Kg of (reduced!) photographic equipment on a hike was normal. I am getting older and my back complains audibly now.

As my personal standards are beyond any mobile phones, I am now waiting for something light but capable: The Sony A7C-II, a compact full frame camera which would satisfy (almost) all my needs and is expected within a year or so. This would be the right camera lying in the lockable cubby box in the Grenadier. Along with an additional wide-angle and a moderate telephoto-lens.

Mobile cameras are really astonishing. If it however comes to low light they have a problem, at least if compared to my benchmarks which are are of course the cameras I had and have.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I know we are digressing from the original topic of this thread but nonetheless this is a fun chat. 
@emax I tried the whole compacting my big sensor setup and gave up. It because an exercise in trade offs and $$$$. I tried Aps-C with the fujis but they aren’t that small really. The FF Sonys are nice but the lenses are still limited in how small or light they can get by physics. I went the Leica route but it’s $$$$ and for a narrow use case. Ultimately I have landed on two setups 1) a FF Sony with 2 primes (35/85) and a walkabout 35-200 F2-2.8 zoom and a small drone for aerial shots 2) my always with me setup which is the iPhone 13 + Ricoh gr3. I am honestly blown away by the IQ of the gr3 and the form factor. It doesn’t do tele very well but for most other use cases it’s perfect

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
We are not far from each other - that are exactly my experiences as well. It's a real pain to decide, but there is no free lunch: either heavy and perfect picture quality at available light, or light weight and compromises in the blue hour, with perspectives and with focus/blur creativity.

I do however as well practice 4x5" b&w phography with my Linhof Master Technika. So I have some "training" regarding weight.

But my daily photography (e.g. when riding my motorbikes) is mostly done with an Olympus Tough which is water- and shock-proof and a Sony Alpha 6000, which is a fantastic light weight  camera. I seldomly take my D700 out as it is with the superb 85/1.4 a heavy beast.

But I am unable to sell this outstanding rig (together with a dozen of the highest end lenses from Nikon) as I am just hopelessly in love with it - though selling it should all together yield well half a Grenadier ... :-|  

Back
Top Bottom