The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seeing double

Eniffer

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
022B717E-23BD-4338-931C-E521F268AF02.jpeg
Mighty fine!

The rear seat seat belt female part, are they now afixed in a way that when you lift the bench seat up to reveal the batteries etc that they are retained?

Thanks photos,

Still bemused why the rear seat splits do not reflect the small/big boot door sizes
image.jpg

Attachments

• 7C88B1A6-E8D6-449B-8522-2B6C32C870EE.jpeg
    7C88B1A6-E8D6-449B-8522-2B6C32C870EE.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 56

Eniffer

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Great pics, any changes to the drivers footrest?
Not that I’m aware of but I never had an issue with it anyway. And I’m 6’2 15 stone of muscle (honest) with size 12 boots for reference. We had 3 customers see it yesterday who were concerned from what they read……….They aren’t concerned anymore

Eniffer

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Two questions @Eniffer 1) is the fire extinguisher included? 2) what's in the leather case in the storage area?
The case is for the Safari window. Really nicely made and a great idea. The fire extinguisher I believe is just for the PTO cars. I will spindle check that though.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
The fire extinguisher I believe is just for the PTO cars. I will spindle check that though.
In some countries, well at least in my country, a fire extinguisher is obligatory by law. I think they should cancel this law for four reasons:
  1. cars are much safer than in the past concerning possible fires (I don't pretend it never happens).
  2. most people never check the sticker with the validity date.
  3. the quantity of powder is so small, that it is often empty before the fire is extinguished
  4. most people don't know how to use it

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In some countries, well at least in my country, a fire extinguisher is obligatory by law. I think they should cancel this law for four reasons:
  1. cars are much safer than in the past concerning possible fires (I don't pretend it never happens).
  3. the quantity of powder is so small, that it is often empty before the fire is extinguished
This is what I have in the cab: https://firesafetystick.com

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
It's scary how quickly they go once they're alight. My buddy's Wrangler (1988?) was gone in a flash - he went into a rest area to use the mens room, came outside, and it was nearly gone.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In UK I think motorway service stations are a regular place for car fires. Run hot for a couple of hours then immediately park up for 15 mins. Heat soak and then major thermal event.
Also pretty bad for your turbos to go from hours at cruising to immediate shut-off. I always leave mine at idle for 5mins+ if been under load a long time.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Not that I’m aware of but I never had an issue with it anyway. And I’m 6’2 15 stone of muscle (honest) with size 12 boots for reference. We had 3 customers see it yesterday who were concerned from what they read……….They aren’t concerned anymore
Yeah footrest is fine, absolute non issue imo

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
Here you could get problems with your insurance when using the extinguisher. If the „fire“ is not a real open fire but a smouldering fire and you extinguish it the insurance might not pay because it has to be a „real“ fire. The stupid thing is that you normally have not a chance to put out an open flame fire with an one kilo powder extinguisher…

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
I might wear a T-Shirt at our event on Sunday that says, ‘don’t ask me about the footrest, give it a try yourself and you’ll see’ 😂

I gave it a try on multiple visits to my local dealer and think it’s not fine, tolerable but less than ideal. I found I had to jack up the seat way more than I would normally like to reduce the angle of the bend in my left leg, at least there is plenty of headroom to accommodate this.

However the rest of the vehicle is great (love the Safari windows) and it’s not enough to make me cancel my order.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I gave it a try on multiple visits to my local dealer and think it’s not fine, tolerable but less than ideal. I found I had to jack up the seat way more than I would normally like to reduce the angle of the bend in my left leg, at least there is plenty of headroom to accommodate this.

However the rest of the vehicle is great (love the Safari windows) and it’s not enough to make me cancel my order.
My daughters partner got in to drive the demo and started putting the seat down to the height he has in in his Mazda CX5 and the guy from Ineos told him to put it back up higher so he gets a better view out of the windows and over the bonnet/wings of the vehicle.
In my car I have the seat low and reclined because it is a sports car
In a 4wd I want it high but most don't have enough headroom.
As you said this has plenty particularly with the Safari windows

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Photos look great. Only thing that looks a bit dodgy is the floor joint in the rear passenger footwell.
Yes - the edge has been cut with a kitchen knife - so that can not be the final situation for both aesthetics and function as items (dirt, etc.) will get caught behind edge and go under the floor protection

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom