The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Scott Brady: Podcast Review of the Grenadier

Local time
11:10 AM
Reaction score
Just watched this about an hour ago, pretty informative. And if anyone hasn't seen his videos of the Grenadier on the trails it's a must watch, it's shows off just how well the Grenadier handles rough off camber terrain.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
Great positive take on the vehicle and new company in general. Scott seems to be singing the praises of the Grenadier regardless of whether they decide to give him a free one!

Some content creators should take note!

Local time
Reaction score
Great positive take on the vehicle and new company in general. Scott seems to be singing the praises of the Grenadier regardless of whether they decide to give him a free one!

Some content creators should take note!
Is that a bash at 4XOverland? haha. Love that guy but man he went on a rant about not getting a press vehicle. 🤣

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
Well worth the investment in time. It was interesting, though, that he seemed to have no idea that a ute version (I believe his words were crew cab) is in the works. Made a few other comments that seemed like this was recorded in the distant past in that some we all know-by-now information seemed surprising.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Is that a bash at 4XOverland? haha. Love that guy but man he went on a rant about not getting a press vehicle. 🤣
Think you may have missed the HUGE thread about him :ROFLMAO:

I like Andrews videos too but he was way off the mark on the INEOS situation! The initial video that was taken down was embarrassing!

As for Scott Brady, I find a lot of his podcasts a bit... boring... but he certainly knows his stuff and is very calm

Local time
Reaction score
Think you may have missed the HUGE thread about him :ROFLMAO:

I like Andrews videos too but he was way off the mark on the INEOS situation! The initial video that was taken down was embarrassing!

As for Scott Brady, I find a lot of his podcasts a bit... boring... but he certainly knows his stuff and is very calm
Yeah I definitely missed that thread!

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I found Matt s (think that’s his name ) comment about London to Cape Town being paved funny 😂. When he gets his Grenadier and decides to drive through Africa he’s going to get a big shock. It is possible in a two wheel drive apparently, but you’re going to miss all the best bits. Certainly from what I’ve seen you need a 4x4
A positive review though. A box on wheels built for overlanding. That pleases me 😎

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:10 AM
Reaction score
Well worth the investment in time. It was interesting, though, that he seemed to have no idea that a ute version (I believe his words were crew cab) is in the works. Made a few other comments that seemed like this was recorded in the distant past in that some we all know-by-now information seemed surprising.
I don't like the guy, ever since they called Sir Jim Ratclliffe, "Jim Bob" on his podcast when they first spoke about the project a few years back. I lost all respect for him and his endeavors. He really doesn't know much about INEOS or the vehicle IMO. At the Overland Expo he kept calling it the TRAILmaster, and made other statements that were incorrect about the vehicle then too. Yes he has gotten to drive it, he has us beat there. Though, I bet every member of this forum knows the vehicle better.

Local time
Reaction score
Check this out and search twitter fro grenadier

grenadierguy

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:10 AM
Reaction score
Do you think he is says "INEAS" versus "INEOS"? 🤣

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:10 AM
Reaction score
I found Matt s (think that’s his name ) comment about London to Cape Town being paved funny 😂. When he gets his Grenadier and decides to drive through Africa he’s going to get a big shock. It is possible in a two wheel drive apparently, but you’re going to miss all the best bits. Certainly from what I’ve seen you need a 4x4
A positive review though. A box on wheels built for overlanding. That pleases me 😎
Some great observations in that video.

Haven't done Africa (yet) but this rings true: we were racing to cross Siberia before the road was fully paved (when we went through, I think only ~140kms remained to be sealed).

Basically everywhere in the world the locals are using common-or-garden-variety 2WD vehicles - ergo a transcontinental expedition can be done in/on pretty much anything.

What you say however is ALSO true. If you want to...

...experience the most remote locations (and what little wilderness remains)
...avoid potentially lengthy stops for repair/waiting for parts
...travel in all seasons (low temps in the North, equatorial monsoon)/aka lengthy stops waiting for different road conditions
...minimise your reliance on local populations/resources (eg carry your own food/water/hygiene needs)
...live on- or in- (as opposed to alongside-) your vehicle
...be able to carry cargo + passengers (as opposed to cargo OR passengers)

...then a vehicle closer to the Grenadier specification is a better choice.

Our experience is that the advance of tarmac is a threat to the diversity of lifestyles on a par with climate change/habitat loss. If you want to see these places/people for yourself best get out there stat.

For us, changing to the Grenadier can be partly understood as a product of being financially affluent but time-poor, a description which one suspects would fit many members on the Forum.

Back
Top Bottom