The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof Dimensions

Igfan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the dimensions are of the flat section of the roof? I.e. how long / wife is the section from behind the safari windows to the back of the roof? I haven’t seen any info out there and just deciding between full length rack or roof bars for the flat bit. 

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
I have t seen any specific measurements but a good guide is the distance from behind the front seats to the tailgate. When I sat in the Grenadier the safari windows ended just at my headline. I think that’s about 65-70”

Igfan

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Paachi, that sounds like a good estimate. The brochure says 1645mm max load length behind first row which is about 65 inches.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I concur I own the L663 and the front runner full-length roof rack is 85 inches using factory rails.  the full length goes pretty much from the front to the back of the Defender  The smaller version is 61 inches but the Defender is also 181 inches long with spare wheel whereas the Grenadier is 194 inches including spare.  

Local time
Reaction score
I’ve seen pictures of what is clearly a front runner rack mounted on top, but had read something about rhino rack being the official providers, and saw another shot of a roof rack I didn’t recognize (which I assumed to be rhino rack).  I have a full length front runner on my LR3 which has done wonderfully over the years. I’ve contemplated moving the platform over once mounts for the grenadier are available, but the other rack I saw looked lower profile and if the weight is better I would favour a newer, lighter, lower rack. 

dradtke

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a Fieldmaster coming that I ordered with Cross Bars.It will go in the garage without the Cross Bars. I am now concerned it will not go into my garage due to the height with the Cross Bars installed.Does anyone know the overall height of the truck with Cross Bars?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a Fieldmaster coming that I ordered with Cross Bars.It will go in the garage without the Cross Bars. I am now concerned it will not go into my garage due to the height with the Cross Bars installed.Does anyone know the overall height of the truck with Cross Bars?
Hi dradtke, Ineos states the Grenadier is their accessory brochure that the cross bars add
90 mm or 3.54” for a total height with cross bars installed of of 2140 mm = 84.25”.

I, like you ordered cross bars, only to measure my garage later to find out that my Grenadier will fit in the garage, however not with the surf cross bars installed. Be going to tell my dealer to just keep them and take the price off the build.

I have 2 cross bar solution that I am working on.
Ineos states the Grenadier is 2050 mm or 80.71" high to the top of the 4 plastic strips.
Depending of which solution I choose, it will only add between 25.4 mm to 34.93 mm,
which is 1" to 1.375" to the height above the 4 plastic strips.
That would then give you a total height of between 2075.4 mm to 2084.93 mm or 81.71' TO 82.08" in height with the cross bars installed. If this is of interest to you, send me a private mesage with your phone number on it and I will reach back out to you about the solutions I have found.
DaBull

dradtke

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi dradtke, Ineos states the Grenadier is their accessory brochure that the cross bars add
90 mm or 3.54” for a total height with cross bars installed of of 2140 mm = 84.25”.

I, like you ordered cross bars, only to measure my garage later to find out that my Grenadier will fit in the garage, however not with the surf cross bars installed. Be going to tell my dealer to just keep them and take the price off the build.

I have 2 cross bar solution that I am working on.
Ineos states the Grenadier is 2050 mm or 80.71" high to the top of the 4 plastic strips.
Depending of which solution I choose, it will only add between 25.4 mm to 34.93 mm,
which is 1" to 1.375" to the height above the 4 plastic strips.
That would then give you a total height of between 2075.4 mm to 2084.93 mm or 81.71' TO 82.08" in height with the cross bars installed. If this is of interest to you, send me a private mesage with your phone number on it and I will reach back out to you about the solutions I have found.
DaBull
Thanks for the response.Pardon my ignorance but how does one send a private message?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
You click on the name and then click on start a conversation.

Back
Top Bottom